Furtelizing tomorrow, please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffca

Reaction score
ok, so i guess i am going to buy non-soiled (dirt with no nutrients) and add my own nutrients, can someone tell me how much of a 20-20-20 in cups or other volume and secondary nutes in cups or other volume i need to mix in per gallon of dirt to begin with, and then throughout.

also i keep reading about these H.I.D. lights and they have mercury and other things in them, is this safe?

and why do i need a timer for th 12/12 schedule, isn't it feasable to turn it on every 12 hours and vice versa?

thank you!

CFLs have mercury too LOL. It depends what the 20-20-20 nutes are really, any directions on them. Sure you can do 12/12 manually but why not spend the 10 or so dollars on the timer.

Tell us more about your nutes please:)

jeffca said:
and why do i need a timer for th 12/12 schedule, isn't it feasable to turn it on every 12 hours and vice versa?

thank you!

There is no need to buy one,but you will need to make sure you are there to turn your lights on and off at the right time everyday for 9 weeks.

Rather than go to that hassle I would rather spend the $10-20 for a timer.

snuggles said:
CFLs have mercury too LOL. It depends what the 20-20-20 nutes are really, any directions on them. Sure you can do 12/12 manually but why not spend the 10 or so dollars on the timer.

Tell us more about your nutes please:)

i'm going to get them right now, i'm going to get 20-20-20 with some secondary nutes or if a lower concentration is recommended like a 10-10-10 i will get that. i heard that no nutrients are needed the first 3 weeks, does this mean no nutrients are recommended? like should it just be dirt with no soil (my understanding of soil is nutrient enriched dirt, not sure if this is correct) (and my understanding of dirt is those three components like peat moss, vermiculite, and perlite, which contain no nutrients.)

i wouldn't recommend it. the plants are not strong enough to handle it the first few weeks... as for your understanding of soil and dirt your a little off but you'll get it figured out. soil and dirt are the samething. what it means when we say soil with no nutes means don't buy soil (dirt) that says it feeds for 3 months. any potting soil or compost soil. will be fine.. you can use mirical grow soil but try to get MG organic try to stay away from any MG soil that says it feeds for 3 months. its not for beginners. its kinda tuff to use untill you work with it a while.

as for nutes i use 20-20-20. i start out at 1/4 strenght then ease in to 1/2 strenght within a couple of weeks.. that for veg.

flowering i use 10-54-10. i start it a 1/4 also and never go more than 1/2.. i hope this helps. did you read in the resource link i posted for you a few times earlier??

slowmo77 said:
i wouldn't recommend it. the plants are not strong enough to handle it the first few weeks... as for your understanding of soil and dirt your a little off but you'll get it figured out. soil and dirt are the samething. what it means when we say soil with no nutes means don't buy soil (dirt) that says it feeds for 3 months. any potting soil or compost soil. will be fine.. you can use mirical grow soil but try to get MG organic try to stay away from any MG soil that says it feeds for 3 months. its not for beginners. its kinda tuff to use untill you work with it a while.

as for nutes i use 20-20-20. i start out at 1/4 strenght then ease in to 1/2 strenght within a couple of weeks.. that for veg.

flowering i use 10-54-10. i start it a 1/4 also and never go more than 1/2.. i hope this helps. did you read in the resource link i posted for you a few times earlier??

thanks ya i did
what does 1/4 strenghth mean, does this mean 25% of your soil should have this in it?

no it means the nutes will say to use 1 scoop of fert to 1 gallon of water just use 25% of that amount use 1/4 scoop per gallon not the hole scoop.. get it... 1/4 strenght. use only 1/4 of what the bottle or bag says per gallon.

Latest posts

Back