flushing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disagree. I have done many grows with and without flushing back in the day.

Well, I can't say "disagree". As far as taste, I believe if Growdude cures his smoke in jars(the only proper way to fully "cure") then the smoke will be just fine, candy like in fact. I really don't think flushing makes your smoke "better".

But, I can tell you that it will help Yield and cause the calyxes to swell and fill out. I flush for this exact reason. This is definatley more prominate in some strains over others. Jack, for one, will gain MUCH weight when you feed water the last couple of weeks compared to nuits the whole run.

So, everyone is right! It depends on WHY you flush!

NorCalHal said:
Disagree. I have done many grows with and without flushing back in the day.

Well, I can't say "disagree". As far as taste, I believe if Growdude cures his smoke in jars(the only proper way to fully "cure") then the smoke will be just fine, candy like in fact. I really don't think flushing makes your smoke "better".

But, I can tell you that it will help Yield and cause the calyxes to swell and fill out. I flush for this exact reason. This is definitely more prominent in some strains over others. Jack, for one, will gain MUCH weight when you feed water the last couple of weeks compared to nutes the whole run.

So, everyone is right! It depends on WHY you flush!
There's the rub! I think that everyone who claims better results after using flushing is seeing something that is only in their own mind. hehe

Until SOMEONE does some testing using true Scientific Method, none of the flushing stories count for anything but good camp-fire tales.

You guys that are in college.....tell the AG department to do some testing for real studies!

Thousands of Potheads want to know!

Stopping the nute feeding for the last two weeks seems to be enough for my gals, they kinda flush themselves yellow themselves at that point...

blancolighter said:
Stopping the nute feeding for the last two weeks seems to be enough for my gals, they kinda flush themselves yellow themselves at that point...
There's the rub again! I don't believe that stopping the nutes makes any sense! It's like stopping the feed on a calf you're going to slaughter in two weeks to clean out it's bowels. Sure, it won't have a bit of crap in it when you butcher it, but it'll be twenty pounds lighter in meat as well.

If you deny your plant of nutrients for two whole weeks in it's final oil production stage, I believe you're doing nothing but shorting yourself of weight that would have been on it had you continued to feed it until harvest.

Again, it's all just camp-fire stories until someone does some real, actual testing using Scientific Method.

Once, there were three bears.........hehe

I feed right til the end too. I see most of the weight been packed on in the last couple of weeks.

Runbyhemp said:
I feed right til the end too. I see most of the weight been packed on in the last couple of weeks.
There you have it! Two opposing methods, neither proven via Scientific Method.

One method is just as valid as the other at this point. Neither can disprove the other with actual, repeatable data because the testing just hasn't been done.

At this point, it's a matter of personal preference, which method is used.

I Feed Until I Harvest,no Straight Water,no More Black Strap.just Feed Until I Chop.all Is Good Also.i Think Some Of This Is All In The Mind.but Whatever You Think Works,do It.to Me Flushing Is Stressing

Latest posts

Back