filter set up question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ross

Reaction score
what exactly do i do with this strip and screws to install the flange? i just got a can-filter carbon filter

Run the sticky, black strip around the rim of the can-filter so it will sit between the flange and filter. It's kind of funky to make the strip lay flat and maintain a circular shape. Once in place screw the flange in place. The foam strip insures that air is sucked through the filter only and not through cracks between the flange and filter.

so i screw the screws through the flange and into the can's metal?

also the screws wont work with a phillips or flat head, theyre like weird self-tapping screws.

Get a 1/4" hex head bit from the home depot, atleast that's the size it was on my can 33.

I just got a 2600 can fan myself and was just wondering...don't suppose I could gorilla glue the flange onto the filter can I? Gorilla glue foams up while it dries and should seal all around.

You want to be sure to use the screws. It not only makes the seal better, it also makes it easier to move the filter around as you can pick it up by the flange hole.

Latest posts

Back