Done with outdoor growing!!!😡

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullshoalsguy

Bud of the Year
Reaction score
Every year I struggle with heat, dew, rain, rot, bugs etc etc etc. tried again this year but my plants are stressed yellowing leaves too early and finding rot on the tips of two buds drove me in. So I cleaned out my greenhouse and moved all 10 plants inside it. Crazily stuffed, two reach the ceiling, and it’s wall to wall. I have a sunshade on the greenhouse to help with heat. Irrigation set up now. Not sure it will be much better but we will see! But at least I can have them under lock and key and not worry about the crazy fall weather wish me luck!
IMG_3198.jpeg
IMG_3199.jpeg
IMG_3200.jpeg
IMG_3203.jpeg
IMG_3205.jpeg
IMG_3206.jpeg

Every year I struggle with heat, dew, rain, rot, bugs etc etc etc. tried again this year but my plants are stressed yellowing leaves too early and finding rot on the tips of two buds drove me in. So I cleaned out my greenhouse and moved all 10 plants inside it. Crazily stuffed, two reach the ceiling, and it’s wall to wall. I have a sunshade on the greenhouse to help with heat. Irrigation set up now. Not sure it will be much better but we will see! But at least I can have them under lock and key and not worry about the crazy fall weather wish me luck! View attachment 361162View attachment 361163View attachment 361164View attachment 361165View attachment 361166View attachment 361167
Nice greenhouse

I whole heartedly agree. I hear from my outdoor friends how hard it is to grow indoors. Well, indoors doesn’t have as many threats. It’s a controlled environment and once set and dialed in hardly varies at all. Outdoors you got pests, molds,weather, thieves, animals etc etc. indoors yes you can acquire all the same but if you take care of your environment those things are a lot less likely. I only grow outdoors to get a good supply of concentrate material (edibles). I don’t even like smoking it. To each their own though, but when it comes to your statements I feel ya bro. As the old advise goes when it comes to our grows, we all kinda do our own thing that we find works for us. It may not work for everyone, but it works for us so. Do your thang chickenwang!

A lot of peeps in my state had absolute s.hit seasons last fall. Bad mold problems were plaguing everyone. High humidity and lots of rain... I knew many people that either lost most of their crop or had to hash bin all of it because the s.hit came out so bad. Actually watching what a lot of them were dealing with , it cured my desire to try outdoor.

Every year I struggle with heat, dew, rain, rot, bugs etc etc etc. tried again this year but my plants are stressed yellowing leaves too early and finding rot on the tips of two buds drove me in. So I cleaned out my greenhouse and moved all 10 plants inside it. Crazily stuffed, two reach the ceiling, and it’s wall to wall. I have a sunshade on the greenhouse to help with heat. Irrigation set up now. Not sure it will be much better but we will see! But at least I can have them under lock and key and not worry about the crazy fall weather wish me luck! View attachment 361162View attachment 361163View attachment 361164View attachment 361165View attachment 361166View attachment 361167
Man brother,,,that's a nice greenhouse.
Hope everything gets better.

For all the problems you report they do look pretty nice. I get it though. Outdoors is stressful and unpredictable. Moving them indoors will help with keeping them dry.

I did a greenhouse grow in Alabama one year. Stupid heat and humidity but I got them to grow and finished with a lot. Shade cloth helps a little for mid day heat. Just gotta keep the air moving and you'll do great.

You'll still get the bugs, but you'll have much more control over rot due to moisture. Common mistake here is to check your outdoor crop and then come inside to check your indoor grow. Just walking across your lawn and then heading to your inside grow room will bring bugs in.
Like GM said, air flow is the key.
Nice looking plants!

You'll still get the bugs, but you'll have much more control over rot due to moisture. Common mistake here is to check your outdoor crop and then come inside to check your indoor grow. Just walking across your lawn and then heading to your inside grow room will bring bugs in.
Nice looking plants!
I always check the tent first thing in the morning, then try to ignore it the rest if the day.

Nice looking plants!
Yeah them bugs don't disappear in the greenhouse..lol. It just keeps them protected from weather. I had every cannabis loving bug in the area come visit.

Thanks everyone for the comments. I sprayed them for catapillers before I brought them in and will spray them next week. I have 4 fans moving air along with a fan on the dormers taking heat out. Shade cloths are amazing cuts heat but lets UV grow light in. I am thinking since I just cut their light a bit though it may help them produce.

The buds on all the plants still look strong (see below)
IMG_3227.jpeg
and sticky and now the greenhouse smells amazing! Fed them all last night and set up irrigation. Fingers crossed!

Latest posts

Back