Decarboxylation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WeedHopper

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Thought I would see what different times and temps and how you do it.
I like decarbing weed and eating it on a cracker with peanut butter.

I usually use 250 for 30 minutes in a pan spread out on foil.
Im open to trying something different.

Thought I would see what different times and temps and how you do it.
I like decarbing weed and eating it on a cracker with peanut butter.

I usually use 250 for 30 minutes in a pan spread out on foil.
Im open to trying something different.
I was doing 240 fir 40 minutes. Now I insta pot it. I decarb 4 jars at once and am done for months. They are kept stored in amber jars in a dark place. I use all 4 within 2 month due to the edibles and the salve. I make oil at least once a month.

I set my oven at 240 but according to the gauge I put in the oven it ends up at 250. So I stop at 30 minutes.
Maybe I can set my oven at 230 and see if it gets to 240.
I don't think it much matters. Lower temps takes a bit longer.

I know the general concession is that weed has to be decarbed before use in salves and edibles, but I'm not so sure. I know I've had two different dogs that ate a thumb sized raw bud and got stoned to the bone!
No it does not have to be decarbed as long as it is being heated slow enough for a long enough time. The heat is what releases the goods. I know I tried just the crockpot first time and second time I decarbed. I never looked back. But on reflection now. My first grow was just that my first grow. The second grow was better than the first. Each grow gets better and better so. Who know. You cant really compare unless you do a control test. Same weed same amounts of everything one, one way and one the other. It is they only true way to know. Everything has to be the same, except the method. I have been using the insta pot to decarb because you set it and forget it.

No it does not have to be decarbed as long as it is being heated slow enough for a long enough time. The heat is what releases the goods. I know I tried just the crockpot first time and second time I decarbed. I never looked back. But on reflection now. My first grow was just that my first grow. The second grow was better than the first. Each grow gets better and better so. Who know. You cant really compare unless you do a control test. Same weed same amounts of everything one, one way and one the other. It is they only true way to know. Everything has to be the same, except the method. I have been using the insta pot to decarb because you set it and forget it.
I know a guy down the street. Eats a bud instead of smoking.

Instant pot works great for decarb and dont stink up the house :D

Put buds in a mason jar then lightly seal the band and lid.
Pressure cook on high pressure for 20-30min then natural release for another 20-30min....or just 40min on high and manual release.

Instant pot works great for decarb and dont stink up the house :D

Put buds in a mason jar then lightly seal the band and lid.
Pressure cook on high pressure for 20-30min then natural release for another 20-30min....or just 40min on high and manual release.
I do 40 minutes on high. Works great

Latest posts

Back