Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The little MXTL clone I left in the back yard is done. As humid and rainy as it's been the last couple of months I'm surprised it's not full of bud rot, but there wasn't any. No inch worms either, even though the brussels sprouts 10 feet away were consumed by them. Plenty of amber trichomes, though.

1697923828582.png

The little MXTL clone I left in the back yard is done. As humid and rainy as it's been the last couple of months I'm surprised it's not full of bud rot, but there wasn't any. No inch worms either, even though the brussels sprouts 10 feet away were consumed by them. Plenty of amber trichomes, though.

View attachment 344636
Botm candidate?

I finally finished cleaning out the grow room over the weekend. I won't go into detail on all the extreme measures I took to kill any spider mites that might be in there still. The jumping spiders had already moved out, so I'm pretty sure I didn't accidentally kill them. I put one of the BSHW plants in there as a guinea pig. I think it's a male, so I won't miss it too much if it gets infested.

I had lots of plans for reorganizing the shop and grow areas this week, but got slammed with some virus. It was "just" a sinus infection, but I ignored it for several weeks. Now it's in my stomach and intestines. Real fun, that. I hope the antibiotics they gave me are up to the task.

As sick as I was when I walked into the doc's office, I was happy no one tried to swab me for the flu or covid. And the doc did NOT have a mask on when he examined me. How times change...

The other plants are all doing well. The coco-perlite mix needs far less attention than that crappy MG soil. Wish I had figured that out last year. Anyway, the freaks are growing as fast as they ever do, but are not even close to Christmas tree material. My wife is unhappy with me and my poor planning. She used to be rather against the idea of me growing weed at all. Then she discovered how many of her friends smoked and even a few who grow. Having home grown weed for gifting changed her mind completely.

Okay, done babbling. Sorry for the interuption : )

I finally finished cleaning out the grow room over the weekend. I won't go into detail on all the extreme measures I took to kill any spider mites that might be in there still. The jumping spiders had already moved out, so I'm pretty sure I didn't accidentally kill them. I put one of the BSHW plants in there as a guinea pig. I think it's a male, so I won't miss it too much if it gets infested.

I had lots of plans for reorganizing the shop and grow areas this week, but got slammed with some virus. It was "just" a sinus infection, but I ignored it for several weeks. Now it's in my stomach and intestines. Real fun, that. I hope the antibiotics they gave me are up to the task.

As sick as I was when I walked into the doc's office, I was happy no one tried to swab me for the flu or covid. And the doc did NOT have a mask on when he examined me. How times change...

The other plants are all doing well. The coco-perlite mix needs far less attention than that crappy MG soil. Wish I had figured that out last year. Anyway, the freaks are growing as fast as they ever do, but are not even close to Christmas tree material. My wife is unhappy with me and my poor planning. She used to be rather against the idea of me growing weed at all. Then she discovered how many of her friends smoked and even a few who grow. Having home grown weed for gifting changed her mind completely.

So I’m sure you can find something to throw some light on in all that weed you have growing. Plus I’m sure she’s not but so angry with all the weed she’s gonna gift this Christmas. Like tiny Christmas trees I’d you ask me 😊

Hope you feel better soon.

Finally starting to come out of my infection fugue. The fevers were pretty intense for a while, seemed a little too much for a simple sinus infection. I can't complain really, under the right conditions in a very warm room, going to bed with a fever can deliver some of the best sleep. And I've been more asleep than awake most of the week. What the antibiotics are doing inside my colon, though, that's something to complain about!

Here are the two GDPA females I started late, and the two freaks. Still looking happy in their coco-perlite beds. I think I watered them last Saturday, and they still don't need more.

1698447277684.png

The two GDPA in flower are starting to look about ready. I picked off a few mature seeds looking like they were about to drop. I don't know if there is a rule for how many seeds should be visibly ready to drop before I should chop the plant. Just going by feel, they need a little more time. Maybe I should setup a net to catch them when they fall?

1698450608501.png

1698450622437.png

1698450641933.png

1698450666159.png

1698450681432.png

The net idea sounds good. When they are perfectly ripe, they will fall and you can catch them. Maybe even shake them off a little

Morning. Beautiful buds Crash.

Snowing here. Next 24 hours are gonna be interesting here. Winter storm warning.
Going to be 80 here today. Might see some snow in December, but probably not until January and nothing like you get. I still have two plants outside...

Chopped the CSM I had outside today. It was a little early, but the bud rot had started to set in. There were a few seeds from my attempts with the feminized CSM pollen from last year, but none of them were mature. It took 20 minutes and after culling the bud rot, I got maybe a quarter ounce.

1699125063519.png

I have one more plant outside, one of the BSHW plants I stuck out there after I spotted a few thrips hanging out on it. It has about six weeks to go. Not sure it will make it, but I am at least bringing it into the garage on nights with frost warnings. I originally planned to reverse one of these to get some feminized seeds, but I screwed up and used a bad light timer. I knew it was bad, but forgot to toss it. Didn't notice until both plants were flowering.

1699125289538.png

I've been trying to get some Supafreak seeds to pop for several weeks. I tried the standard paper towel method and also planting them in coco-perlite. I think I went through 12 seeds with no success. A fried recommended I crack the seeds before putting them in the paper towels. I tired this with 4 seeds, and all four have tails barely 12 hours later. Anyone else do this before? I'm wondering how many seeds I tossed since I started growing that would have been fine had I cracked them first.

I've been trying to get some Supafreak seeds to pop for several weeks. I tried the standard paper towel method and also planting them in coco-perlite. I think I went through 12 seeds with no success. A fried recommended I crack the seeds before putting them in the paper towels. I tired this with 4 seeds, and all four have tails barely 12 hours later. Anyone else do this before? I'm wondering how many seeds I tossed since I started growing that would have been fine had I cracked them first.

yep yep

and sometimes a good scuffing with some sandpaper will do

Latest posts

Back