Bugus Monkey's new and improved puzzle basement and various ramblings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing fun here except gardening
Ahhhh... fun is a state of mind sometimes.. Today was not my funday... wife hurt her ankle so it's left me to do 3 loads of laundry, cook dinner, walk the dog. at 10pm I was vacuuming my living room, watering all the plants and trying to get on the site to say hello...
so, hello.

Ahhhh... fun is a state of mind sometimes.. Today was not my funday... wife hurt her ankle so it's left me to do 3 loads of laundry, cook dinner, walk the dog. at 10pm I was vacuuming my living room, watering all the plants and trying to get on the site to say hello...
so, hello.
Must be great to have them new hips now, be glad you can do all that. Great to hear

Mom had 2 hip replacements in the fall of 2017 and the spring of 2018. She is glad she had them. She had so much pain.

I would like to start this over again first by saying that I don't know shyt... I have watched a lot of youtube and asked whom I feel are the right people some of the right questions. As proof that I am not the smartest, my grow chamber is 6 foot even deep, 4 foot 2 wide and get this, 8 foot 4 inches tall. It is a room built within a stick built shed I built myself. Built to be a grow room. At the time I didn't know the difference between the length of wall studs and actual 8 foot 2x4's. I ended up laying 2x6's around the bottom of all rooms in the shed after I insulated, before drywalling. Drywall sits on top of the 2x6's

Attachments

• 2 by 6.jpeg
    2 by 6.jpeg
    552.2 KB · Views: 0
Next couple ones will be tools of the trade so to speak. If you go back far enough in this thread, I started with blurples. AND I WILL SAY, you can grow some dang fine fire arse weed with blurples. For most people lights will be your first upgrade and that is also way, way back in this thread. I am never going to say mine is the right way or only way.

Attachments

• light.aa.jpeg
    light.aa.jpeg
    711.7 KB · Views: 0
  • light.bb.jpeg
    light.bb.jpeg
    934.5 KB · Views: 0
I think you'll be happy with the extra height, especially if you grow sativas. I had a couple of Black Vietnamese/Northern Lights that would more than fill that room.

There's more than one way to skin a kitty, and as long as you get the fir off, it doesn't matter how ya got there.

I am into hydro. Years ago it was thought that hydro was faster. IT IS NOT. Hydro is just what works best for me only AND I think it has to do with IT IS just a cleaner look for me. Hydro is very UNFORGIVING if something goes wrong and you don't catch it right away. That is also documented in this thread way way back. MY OPINION ONLY... Hydro can screw you in a couple hours if you accidentally eff something up. THAT BEING SAID... I got myself a chiller. Most chiller's ... If I can explain this right ... Have about a 5 degree swing one way or the other before they kick in. ... I could be explaining this wrong ... The one I ended up with is suppose to have a 1 degree variable before it kicks in or out only. I set mine at 68 and the variable is suppose to only be 1 degree one way or the other. It does not have a built in pump to circulate the hydroponic solution through it. ....

Pump for the chiller ... Plumbing ... Chiller .... - - - Several things are from Vivosun and they have been EXCELLENT to work with !!!!

Attachments

• Plumbing4Chiller.jpeg
    Plumbing4Chiller.jpeg
    790 KB · Views: 0
  • Chiller.jpeg
    Chiller.jpeg
    639.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Pump4Chiller.jpeg
    Pump4Chiller.jpeg
    653.6 KB · Views: 0
DIY Tote / Hydroponic solution pump / Hydroponic solution pump filter bag / Hydroponic pump Timer .... Cups that hold the hydroton (Lava Balls / Grow Media) ....
This timer goes off for however many minutes you set it for then comes on for however many seconds you set it for. It can be set to run 24hrs, or only during the dark cycle or only during the light cycle.

Attachments

• cups.aaa.jpeg
    cups.aaa.jpeg
    913.3 KB · Views: 0
  • cups.bbb.jpeg
    cups.bbb.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 0
  • HydroponicSolutionPump.jpeg
    HydroponicSolutionPump.jpeg
    991.3 KB · Views: 0
  • HydroSolutionTimer.jpeg
    HydroSolutionTimer.jpeg
    931.8 KB · Views: 0
  • SolutionFilterBag.jpeg
    SolutionFilterBag.jpeg
    869.4 KB · Views: 0
  • SolutionFilterBag2.jpeg
    SolutionFilterBag2.jpeg
    929.7 KB · Views: 0
Lots of other stuff. NONE OF THIS WAS PURCHASED TOGETHER... Just a little by little thing... Be careful which rabbit holes you choose to explore !!!!!!

Attachments

• dehumidifier.jpeg
    dehumidifier.jpeg
    829.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Double.Aerator.Bubbler.jpeg
    Double.Aerator.Bubbler.jpeg
    985.7 KB · Views: 0
  • exhaustfanNservice light.jpeg
    exhaustfanNservice light.jpeg
    742.9 KB · Views: 0
  • exhaust.fan.thermostat.jpeg
    exhaust.fan.thermostat.jpeg
    625 KB · Views: 0
  • heater.jpeg
    heater.jpeg
    912.2 KB · Views: 0
  • thruthewall.window.unit.jpeg
    thruthewall.window.unit.jpeg
    749.9 KB · Views: 0
More stuff...

Attachments

• electrical.jpeg
    electrical.jpeg
    638.7 KB · Views: 0
  • entryway.jpeg
    entryway.jpeg
    635.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Light&HydroSolutionTimers.jpeg
    Light&HydroSolutionTimers.jpeg
    922.9 KB · Views: 0
  • my.nutrients.jpeg
    my.nutrients.jpeg
    782.3 KB · Views: 0
  • PHnPPMmeter.jpeg
    PHnPPMmeter.jpeg
    644.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Room.jpeg
    Room.jpeg
    577.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Unit.jpeg
    Unit.jpeg
    935.1 KB · Views: 0
I am legal for Illinois.. 5 plants or less.. Behind 2 locked doors with my license on the outside of the 2nd (Inside) door. I had let it lapse and was going to leave it that way but Mrs. Monkey wasn't having it !!! Out of respect for Mrs. Monkey I got it re-upped...

I run general hydroponics. If you go through this thread far enough back, I have tried just about everything... I tried really hard to make fox farms work, had decent luck with emerald harvest BUT GH is what works best For Me Only !!! = = = = Just sort of setting the stage here - - -
I would hate to guess what I have wrapped up into all of this money wise, but it was not done over night... - - Trying to think if I forgot anything...

Attachments

• bottomfeeder.aaa.jpeg
    bottomfeeder.aaa.jpeg
    889 KB · Views: 0
  • bottomfeeder.bbb.jpeg
    bottomfeeder.bbb.jpeg
    905.5 KB · Views: 0
  • PHnPPMmeter.jpeg
    PHnPPMmeter.jpeg
    644.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Room.jpeg
    Room.jpeg
    577.6 KB · Views: 0
  • scope.jpeg
    scope.jpeg
    832.5 KB · Views: 0
  • top.feeder.jpeg
    top.feeder.jpeg
    910.1 KB · Views: 0
  • topfeeder.aaa.jpeg
    topfeeder.aaa.jpeg
    509.2 KB · Views: 0
  • underside.feeder.jpeg
    underside.feeder.jpeg
    890.7 KB · Views: 0
I like to drop seeds into good water in a shot glass, once they have dropped to the bottom (About 24 hours) then they go into a wet papertowel and into a zip lock bag... Incidentally if you really go through this thread, using a ziplock bag was something I learned recently... Hahahaha.... I would also hate to guess how many seeds I ruined by just leaving them out in a wet pptwl on a saucer in the open... Duh... - No dumb. See, I'm really not the guy to follow down the hydro rabbit hole...

I home built just about everything I use. You'd laugh at just how cheap my nutes are.
I would still like to chat about that CO2 set up but it also sort of scares me. If I get into that little tiny room with that door shut behind me and get gassed out... They wouldn't find me until the maggots started seeping out of the bottom of the door... Hahahaha That Is A Nice Visual... ;););)

CO2 will probably be last if I do it ever... I am kind of glad we never finished that conversation... :angiesfavorite:

Latest posts

Back