Beginning covert outdoor grow in N.E.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update on my six plants. I had 3 auto flower Beast Mode and a Gabagoo which did not produce much in the greenhouse and ended up in the trash can because of inexperiance and lack of care probably.
Remaining outside are:
2 Auto Beast Mode - must have been photo period versions.
2 Goji x SSDD
1 Snow Leopard
1 Chiquita Banana
All of these seeds came from Carty, thank you very much.
Having some leaf hopper intrusions so I sprayed them down for a second week. They are a bit hard to see in the photos as they blend into the green behind.
IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1193.jpg

The Beast Mode plants are the farthest along into flower. They seem late to me in the northeast but the proof will be in the finish and how many cross the line.
IMG_1191.jpg

IMG_1192.jpg

Update on my six plants. I had 3 auto flower Beast Mode and a Gabagoo which did not produce much in the greenhouse and ended up in the trash can because of inexperiance and lack of care probably.
Remaining outside are:
2 Goji x SSDD
1 Snow Leopard
1 Chiquita Banana
Having some leaf hopper intrusions so I sprayed them down for a second week. They are a bit hard to see in the photos as they blend into the green behind.
View attachment 360580
View attachment 360581
The Beast Mode plants are the farthest along into flower. They seem late to me in the northeast but the proof will be in the finish and how many cross the line.
View attachment 360582
View attachment 360583
They will get there

Remaining outside are:
2 Goji x SSDD
1 Snow Leopard
1 Chiquita Banana
View attachment 360580
View attachment 360581
View attachment 360582
View attachment 360583
I am in the northeast as well. My outdoor plants are just starting to throw pistils. Seems about the same time I have seen them in the past. Leafhoppers are pretty bad this year for me as well. I’ve hit my plants with DE a couple of times this summer but will use safer stuff now since smoking DE would not be good.

Nice color too.
If you are saying that about my pics, I am not happy with the lighter green plants. I used some crappy soil and didn’t have any perlite to mix in so I think they are not getting the nute uptake due to limited oxygen in the soil. They all clones of my Heri-Berry tent grow, all of which were dark, dark green. The darker green plants are in different soil(Coast of Maine purple bag I think)..,,

Light color leaf freaks me out. I have a strawberry Banana that is a lime color. Giga bud few grows about was the same.

Sometimes its a minor thing to tweak. Sometimes its the plant. If no other signs are present I go with genetics..lol

They look healthy to me.

Light color leaf freaks me out. I have a strawberry Banana that is a lime color. Giga bud few grows about was the same.

Sometimes its a minor thing to tweak. Sometimes its the plant. If no other signs are present I go with genetics..lol

They look healthy to me.
They look healthy to me as well

They look healthy to me.
I have had light green plants before as well. These are all clones from my tent run though and the leaves on the mothers were so dark green they were almost black(due to over feeding). The plants are healthy. I am just being nit-picky…😂

The top picture looked nice and green to me.
The top pic is one of the early flowers on the plants I have in the better soil. Both 5 gallon potted plants are nice and dark green. The 4 in 3 gallon pots with crappy soil are the lighter green but as I said above, they are all healthy. I am just bitchin’…🥸

Everything in the N.E. is getting plenty of water again this year. No flooded plants this year. I made sure to plant my two rows on the highest ridges in the garden and it seems to have worked so far.
IMG_1204.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

I have an issue that I need help with on four of my plants. I do not see this leaf cupping happening on the two Beast Mode plants. But these were supposed to be autos so they are definately a little different. It only seems to be occurring on new leaf generation. I do not see it on older leaves. Feeding with Jacks Blossom and calmag on every watering chance. Which has not been that alot because of all the rain. Any ideas on what these plants seem to be missing? Besides getting control over the leaf hoppers that is.
IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

Tacoing happens when the plant transpires to much. So it curls to reduce surface area and protect itself. Them high humidity spikes prob folding them up.

Light intensity n heat will fold them as well. Outdoors it's hard to manage that big star. I used shade cloth a lot outdoors. Set it so they caught morning and evening direct light but mid day was shaded.

Everything in the N.E. is getting plenty of water again this year. No flooded plants this year. I made sure to plant my two rows on the highest ridges in the garden and it seems to have worked so far.
View attachment 360838
View attachment 360840
I have an issue that I need help with on four of my plants. I do not see this leaf cupping happening on the two Beast Mode plants. But these were supposed to be autos so they are definately a little different. It only seems to be occurring on new leaf generation. I do not see it on older leaves. Feeding with Jacks Blossom and calmag on every watering chance. Which has not been that alot because of all the rain. Any ideas on what these plants seem to be missing? Besides getting control over the leaf hoppers that is.
View attachment 360842
View attachment 360844
I went back to classic Jacks but just for BM

Latest posts

Back