What is in your backyard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still building my above ground garden boxes. Love these boxes and I make them cheap. Mostly out of old fence panels. Now I've ran out of the old stuff and bought some new panels.

IMG_20240324_132448175_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240324_132502581_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240324_132519821_HDR.jpg

They are super easy to make brother,,, and cheap.
I also seal them with Thompson's water seal before I fill them with soil. I have weed gaurd cloth on the bottom to keep bugs out and black plastic on the sides.

Keeps them off the ground away from bugs and root knot nematodes,,,,and it's definitely easier on the back. I can mow or weed eat under them and it doesn't effect my grass. Also if I need to I can move them.
The boards sticking up give me away to cover my plants if I needed to during the winter.

Just lookin' for some chow.

OF, I've got that same bird in your video, a scarlet macaw. His name is Bill 'cause he's got a big one.
Good thing his name isn’t ****…😁

Scarlet Macaws are all over the place here. There are 100’s of Red-Lored Parrots. Not as impressive but I would say 90% of them fly in pairs. I think they breed for life like Canada Geese. My wife and I are loving the wildlife.

Good thing his name isn’t ****…😁

Scarlet Macaws are all over the place here. There are 100’s of Red-Lored Parrots. Not as impressive but I would say 90% of them fly in pairs. I think they breed for life like Canada Geese. My wife and I are loving the wildlife.
One of the guides here told us 25 years ago, the Scarlet Macaws were endangered but the govt has implemented strict policies promoting ecological goals and the population has recovered very well. Now that is a government I could support. The policy helps both the flora and fauna but also helps improve the lives of the citizens by providing employment and providing infrastructure(which is mostly ecologically designed too). We could use some smart politicians in the US(but won’t get any since they are money grubbers).

That was a baby black bear? Or at least a young black bear. I am glad we don't have those
Those are 100 gallon trash cans, he stands about 3.5 feet on all 4s, prolly 300-350 pounds.
He's been here for at least 4, the first year was a wayyy bigger bear like 450-500 pounds.

Latest posts

Back