The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will check on the 3rd. I found a 50 pound bag of happy frog for 33. I need to see how the peat does. Not the first stuff in the red bag but the blue bag that was Compressed it was $20 bucks at lowes and I had to buy a $20 bag of pearlite to add to it. It made 4.5cL of mix for $40. I will see if my plants like it. That is what matters to me
I pay about $7 a cubic foot.
I get a 3.8 cu ft compressed bale of promix bx for $50, which expands to 7 cubic feet, and then a 3 cubic foot bag of perlite for $21
Fills 24 3 gallon fabric bags.

I get a 3.8 cu ft compressed bale of promix bx for $50, which expands to 7 cubic feet, and then a 3 cubic foot bag of perlite for $21
I use the promix HP Myco. It's what the grow shop has at $45 3.8b. I always run it plain. That big bale goes a long way.

I use the promix HP Myco. It's what the grow shop has at $45 3.8b. I always run it plain. That big bale goes a long way.
I would run just plain promix hp but for some reason BX+ is 50 bucks a bale, and HP is $120 a bale plus freight shipping of $225.
So its $345 for 1 bale of promix HP, or $71 for BX+ made into HP at home.

I wish promix around here is outrageous. More than 50 for a small bag

I wish promix around here is outrageous. More than 50 for a small bag
Yikes.
I had to go in to my local Ace Hardware and talk to the owner about carrying it. He said he'd order it and have it shipped in for me whenever I stop in. Well 2 years have gone by now and he just gets a pallet at a time now so it's always in stick when I need it.
It went up a few bucks this year tho, it's 56.99 a bale now instead of 49.99. I can't complain though.

Ive been tempted to get just plain peat and add perlite, Dolomite Lime, and mycorrhizae. Cause a bale of peat is like 15-20 bucks here

Yikes.
I had to go in to my local Ace Hardware and talk to the owner about carrying it. He said he'd order it and have it shipped in for me whenever I stop in. Well 2 years have gone by now and he just gets a pallet at a time now so it's always in stick when I need it.
It went up a few bucks this year tho, it's 56.99 a bale now instead of 49.99. I can't complain though.

Ive been tempted to get just plain peat and add perlite, Dolomite Lime, and mycorrhizae. Cause a bale of peat is like 15-20 bucks here
I believe if you are an Ace award card customer they will deliver it to your front door for free

I believe if you are an Ace award card customer they will deliver it to your front door for free
I live juat outside delivery, here they only run out to 10 miles and im just over at 11.7 miles so I have to pick it up. Kinda sucks, but it's better than freight shipping costs.

If I was going to mix up a lot of soil on many occasions, I'd pop for one of those cheap cement mixers you can catch on sale at Harbor Freight. I bought one that I use exclusively for making bubble hash. Takes a lot of manual labor out of it and produces a great product.

Yes, I'm lazy. Work smarter, not harder. :)

If I was going to mix up a lot of soil on many occasions, I'd pop for one of those cheap cement mixers you can catch on sale at Harbor Freight. I bought one that I use exclusively for making bubble hash. Takes a lot of manual labor out of it and produces a great product.

Yes, I'm lazy. Work smarter, not harder. :)
I use a kiddy pool to mix things up

Yikes.

Damn that's expensive for mostly Peat Moss.😳

Damn that's expensive for mostly Peat Moss.😳
Idk, seems like a pretty good deal to me!
Walmart is $105 and unavailable, growgreenMI is almost $400!!!!!
Thats why i have no issue paying $56 a bale.
Screenshot_20240403_155725_Walmart.jpg
Screenshot_20240403_160105_Chrome.jpg

I'm saying it's to expensive regardless of the higher prices somewhere else.
But to each his own.
I used Promix in Florida and I did just as good with my own soli mix that was nowhere near as expensive as Promix.
But again,,, everyone has different opinions and different ways of doing things. Just not my bag. Get it,, not my bag😁
Hey,, I thought that was funny.😋

I'm saying it's to expensive regardless of the higher prices somewhere else.
But to each his own.
I used Promix in Florida and I did just as good with my own soli mix that was nowhere near as expensive as Promix.
But again,,, everyone has different opinions and different ways of doing things. Just not my bag. Get it,, not my bag😁
Hey,, I thought that was funny.😋
Definitely paying 30 or so dollars just for the name on the bag! I just don't have anywhere to mix up my own soil and what not. Don't think my wife would approve of me doing it in the kitchen, kids room, or our bedroom lol.

Latest posts

Back