Problems with vape pens. Expert Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrowRebel

Another Female Grower
Reaction score
All these vape pens fail with less than a year of use. The purple one the part that the cartridge screws into is spinning when I tried to screw in the cartridge. The two oranges ones all the lights blink when I press the button for a hit. One the Yocan pens the light will flash green when I press the button to vape. The long pen will no longer charge. The light on the charger stay green instead of red when it is suppose to charge.

I have a couple of cartridges that won't vape. One cartridge isn't recognized by the pen. The other the pen recognize but it won't vape.

Any vape pen and vape cartridge experts out there?
P1050144(1).JPG

Get a regular vape mod that will go as low as 6-7watts and takes a 18650 battery. Mine last YEARS and when the battery dies its like $6.

The eleaf Mini 20watt has its own 1050mah battery but its small and simple to use. There are tons of cheap 40watt and under vape mods out there. Just make sure it can supply airflow thru the connection and will go down to 6watts.
https://www.eleafworld.com/mini-istick-20w/
The 25watt version should work also with a 510to510 air flow adapter.
https://store.eleafworld.com/eleaf-mini-istick-2-box-mod.html
What is your budget because there are way better ones under $50 too.

Last edited:
All these vape pens fail with less than a year of use. The purple one the part that the cartridge screws into is spinning when I tried to screw in the cartridge. The two oranges ones all the lights blink when I press the button for a hit. One the Yocan pens the light will flash green when I press the button to vape. The long pen will no longer charge. The light on the charger stay green instead of red when it is suppose to charge.

I have a couple of cartridges that won't vape. One cartridge isn't recognized by the pen. The other the pen recognize but it won't vape.

Any vape pen and vape cartridge experts out there?View attachment 336478
A lot of times at least the ones that are blinking don't work after a while cause they get a think coat of oil or resin something it always happens to mine so sometimes I get something scrape off the part that the bottom of the cartridge hit then I take a paper towel some king of cloth anything you can get damp and wipe it off with some pressure it should work again

I tried cleaning them with alcohol once before and it didn't help. They have been sitting for months now. I tried cleaning the yocan pens again and this time they worked. I don't understand why it didn't work before.

Is there any way I can get these cartridges to work? Is there a way to transfer the oil to an empty one that did work?

I tried cleaning them with alcohol once before and it didn't help. They have been sitting for months now. I tried cleaning the yocan pens again and this time they worked. I don't understand why it didn't work before.

Is there any way I can get these cartridges to work? Is there a way to transfer the oil to an empty one that did work?
Maybe. Try taking an empty one apart. This video doesn’t cover yocan carts but may give you some insight into what you have.

99% of all vape carts sold have push on locking caps. CCELL does make screw on cap carts for end users but they can be a pain to find. When you do its often either a huge package or a couple plus high shipping costs.

The push on cap CCELL carts come in a plastic and a glass tube so be real careful when trying to rip them apart. To my knowledge Yocan makes devices but not carts.

BTW many companies that sell carts sell a syringe with distillate or CO2 distillate. I wont vape FECO/RSO type extractions using ethanol. I can get good CCELL carts locally and just fill them myself. They last a couple more fills than the throw away carts.

Any vape pen and vape cartridge experts out there?View attachment 336478
Puffco plus.....I like mine. Mouthpiece, chamber and battery all replaceable. Has 510 screw on threads, or use the chamber and load yourself

Bubba.

For the price of a Puffco you are well on you way to getting a far more advanced vape mod. Jak Vapour DNA75 were less than $80 and does temp control. Very suprising the canna cart industry has not latched onto "TEMP CONTROL" like virtually all the tobacco vape vendors offer. All they need to do is make the coil wire out of a suitable stainless steel. Vapers have known this for many years.

This thing will run anything from low watt carts to tanks needing 50 watts or more.
https://www.jacvapour.com/dna75?setCurrencyId=3

Mods like this can test your cart too. If ohms are zero...you get a bad cart or no connection. Ohms are listed on the screen. None of the canna vape devices ive seen are even remotely close in quality to a DNA chip powered device.

Last edited:
Ecig mods are the shizz for flower and concentrate vaping.
If using carts you just got to make sure the device (battery) supports the old style bottom air flow and the watts/volts can go low enough. Whole lot easier when we start talking about "tanks". Most are top airflow and like way more power. You can get around the bottom air flow with a cheap $5 adapter. That adapter will also help keep oil out of the devices connection. If it gets gummed up just toss it in some ethanol or Iso.

I got a SX Mini 60watt, a Dovpo DNA250C and a Jak Vapour DNA75 but there are TONS of cheaper 40-50watt mods out there that will fire up concentrate like crazy. My big boy runs dual 21700 Mocell batteries so its will handle anything i throw at it. Machined out of air raft grade aluminum too. Great for home use but sucks for out and about.

I wouldn't vape cart juice at gunpoint.
Ever priced a home table top CO2 extraction device?...They are like 4-5 grand for a small one that can only handle an ounce at a time. CO2 hash oil ive had was crazy good. GoldRush CO2 carts have been spot on excellent and only $25 a cart. They sell the CO2 distillate in a syringe for like $45 and about $38 on sale for 80+ % THC full spectrum hash oil. You can vape/eat/top a bowl/ect...use it however you like.

So when it comes to carts...Make sure they are using CCELL carts and CO2 full spectrum oil. It wont get much better unless you got a spare 5 grand sitting around.

I have severe trust issues after spending decades in the industry.
I am at the if I don't grow it and process it I don't fuuck with it stage of life.
😆

I have severe trust issues after spending decades in the industry.
I am at the if I don't grow it and process it I don't fuuck with it stage of life.
😆
I avoid the vast majority of distillate vapes/concentrates because nearly all use butane. Funny part is...most cooking oils use hexane to extract the oil. CO2 is the only FDA approved method i know of for cannabis oil extraction. Its solventless. ;)

https://humboldtvapetech.com/product/new-sequoia/
I use these with the titanium buckets.
Last forever tastes great smooth can set to temp control and just simple to use and works with thick products.
Ok, I just snagged one of these what do you suggest for it to be hooked up to? I like my puffco for mobile use, home rig that also vapes flower will be nice.

Bubba

Latest posts

Back