please someone help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wugoya

Reaction score
hey everyone im pretty new to this whole growing thing. i have 2 plants of sour diesel growing under a 400w hps light and are in the 8th week of flowering. they are only about 2 ft. tall and are lanky with not a whole lot of bud on it. they still have no smell. the hairs are barely turning red yet. they are being grown in soil and i know something is causing this. i did run into a few problems early on in th process. water with to high of a ph, nutrient burn, light burn, heat you name it and almostEDIT it all up. but now they're looking half way decent all things considered. i need some tips on the best size of pot or which soil is the best to use. keep in mind that im not looking to grow any crazy amounts but i want to do it right and not have to worry about them constantly.

I'm wondering how you got the f word through the filter...

Free advice: you should read the rules and edit your post real quick!

when you say they are in the 8th week of flowering, do you mean it's been 8 weeks since they broke soil, and you've had them on 12/12 the whole time?... or did you veg for a while first and now it's been on 12/12 fer 8 weeks?

sorry bout that i did veg them for about 5 weeks after they broke soil

can you inspect the trichomes?... regardless of the "size" of the buds, they are going to mature regardless, so that's what you check for when to harvest... unfortunately, if the bud did not get big while flowering, there is nothing that can be done about that... keep in mind, the buds swell the most right at the end....

is there anything else u can tell me bout the maybe whats the best soil or flower pot to use. and yeah i can see trichomes building up around the leaves of the bud but what exactly am i looking for?

as for the best soil and pot to use...

for soil, IMO, the best "soil" to use is either Pro Mix BX or HP or Sunshine Mix #4... these "3-part mixes" are optimal for growing pot in.

as for the pot... you can grow in anything... I do... I grew a small plant in a 2oz shotglass http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22959

and right now, I'm doing 32 clones in a 4' x 8' x 4-5" custom made pot
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32432

I've also started a 1oz and 0.5oz shotglass grows journal
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34824

you can grow in anything, man :cool:

so given everything i said when do you think they'll be ready by and how will i know for sure that they're ready

read that first link I gave you on Trichomes

When growing in soil I use Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil and 5 gallon buckets.

whats a good ph level for the soil and do you still add nutrients to the soil even though the soil already has some

wugoya said:
whats a good ph level for the soil and do you still add nutrients to the soil even though the soil already has some

FFOF does not have what you would call nutrients, ie:Miracle Grow with moisture control and plant food. FFOF is organic and I don't start feeding it nutrients till after the second week.

well i appreciate all the advice but everyone gotta start somewhere. im used to smoking and never grew before so ill take whatever help i can get

my friend... here's the best advice yer gunna get... read all the info in the last link I gave you... once you've done that, I betchya ya won't have too many more questions.... ;) :cool:

and... welcome to MP :D

Latest posts

Back