Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2297c98ec539eedd47e40e0ba3fdb716.jpg

cold has been good to me , the cooler the better

so yeah , i would choose the cooler natural temps for this strandivar

which begs the question , how do ganja farmers dry and cure their herbs when they are in tropical hot climates…i think of Jamaica or Thailand for example..

but since the banana tk leans heavily on the kush side , it only seems logical that this plant has genetic coding for colder temps, if i am making any sense

obviously we do not want freezing and or below

i actually have a small room that was used a few years ago that still have some un-trimmed plants hanging upside down and i will bet you that if i smoked some of it today i would get high…the room stays cool all year round , otherwise the heat would have degraded the cannabinoids a long time ago

i am so excited to hear your smoke report!….from what i can see/hear , that banana tk is some killer smoke , i know the tk is good , we have a few jars of it that need to be refilled before the 8 other jars lol
I think I’m gonna leave them there then. May take a bit longer but I like a long dry. I hate when it’s dry really fast. I think it loses some taste. Finished trimming all four plants with better yield than I expected. Gonna start on the other tent tomorrow. Thanx for chiming in 😊

cold has been good to me , the cooler the better

so yeah , i would choose the cooler natural temps for this strandivar

which begs the question , how do ganja farmers dry and cure their herbs when they are in tropical hot climates…i think of Jamaica or Thailand for example..

but since the banana tk leans heavily on the kush side , it only seems logical that this plant has genetic coding for colder temps, if i am making any sense

obviously we do not want freezing and or below

i actually have a small room that was used a few years ago that still have some un-trimmed plants hanging upside down and i will bet you that if i smoked some of it today i would get high…the room stays cool all year round , otherwise the heat would have degraded the cannabinoids a long time ago

i am so excited to hear your smoke report!….from what i can see/hear , that banana tk is some killer smoke , i know the tk is good , we have a few jars of it that need to be refilled before the 8 other jars lol
I had a really nice compliment on my weed yesterday. My weed guy called and said he had something nice for me to try. I happen to be trimming at the time but since he is one of the few folks that know I grew, I told him to come over. Well when I opened the front door, the fumes hit him right in the face. He’s a young fellow in his thirties from Colorado who’s only been here for a couple years but is “weed experienced”. He told me he use to trim for extra cash and it’s the worst job ever. My trimmed pan of herb was on the kitchen counter. He couldn’t keep His face hands and nose out of it then told me that it was the most beautiful homegrown that he has seen since he’s been in Virginia. Then he begged for a sample when it was ready. I told him I would hook him up. Anyway, nobody has really seen my grow except y’all so I was glad to hear that. 😊

@bigsur51 i know you dry your weed in the cold sometimes. How cold is too cold. I have my rack hanging in the open room over my garage. It averages around 50 in there this time of year and less than 50% humidity. The temps may go up a bit but that just depends on our weird weather. This batch of banana TK is extra loud smelling (smelling up the entire garage and house when the door is opened) but I do have a place inside I could bring it to for better temps and humidity. Is it worth it to let them dry a bit warmer And higher humidity?

Wrap it up in plastic to slow drying if it's not too late. I like drying my trimmed fresh off the plant buds in doubled paper bags down in the basement when it's 45 - 50F. Need opening and dumping out every day for the first week or so then less often as they dry down. I'll put them in a Rubbermaid tub to slow drying so I can stretch it out to 3 - 5 weeks. To me this is where the cure really happens. As long as the buds stay uniformly moist the biological processes can continue working to break down the chlorophyll and starches so the buds smoke smooth and smell great.

I weigh the bags at the start then every now and then to see how much weight is lost then once it's about 1g/day I put them in plastic tobacco cans to burp for another month or so. They are still moist enough when put in the cans that they will form a big mass so need to be dumped out and gently broken apart while air drying for 15 min or so. Very dry here so at a higher RH may take longer.

Start with these OG#18 buds.

OG18Harvest14061701.jpg

End up like this.

OG18Budz240717A02.jpg

These days the bulk of my pot gets made into meds so I either hang dry after trimming off everything that doesn't have sugar on it or do that trim and put all the buds in freezer bags to await processing into oil. Got a lot of both still waiting. :)

☮️

Wrap it up in plastic to slow drying if it's not too late. I like drying my trimmed fresh off the plant buds in doubled paper bags down in the basement when it's 45 - 50F. Need opening and dumping out every day for the first week or so then less often as they dry down. I'll put them in a Rubbermaid tub to slow drying so I can stretch it out to 3 - 5 weeks. To me this is where the cure really happens. As long as the buds stay uniformly moist the biological processes can continue working to break down the chlorophyll and starches so the buds smoke smooth and smell great.

I weigh the bags at the start then every now and then to see how much weight is lost then once it's about 1g/day I put them in plastic tobacco cans to burp for another month or so. They are still moist enough when put in the cans that they will form a big mass so need to be dumped out and gently broken apart while air drying for 15 min or so. Very dry here so at a higher RH may take longer.

View attachment 322207

End up like this.

View attachment 322206

These days the bulk of my pot gets made into meds so I either hang dry after trimming off everything that doesn't have sugar on it or do that trim and put all the buds in freezer bags to await processing into oil. Got a lot of both still waiting. :)

☮️

View attachment 322207

End up like this.

View attachment 322206

☮️
I think I’m gonna just let it dry in the cooler temps this time. I dry on a rack. Usually does a good job. I babysit it everyday and turn the buds checking them everyday. My dried weed never looks like yours. You trim a lot closer than I do I guess. Do you use PGRs in your grow? Looks a bit like PGR weed

I think I’m gonna leave them there then. May take a bit longer but I like a long dry. I hate when it’s dry really fast. I think it loses some taste. Finished trimming all four plants with better yield than I expected. Gonna start on the other tent tomorrow. Thanx for chiming in 😊

did you ever snip any popcorn buds for a sneak preview ?

I think I’m gonna just let it dry in the cooler temps this time. I dry on a rack. Usually does a good job. I babysit it everyday and turn the buds checking them everyday. My dried weed never looks like yours. You trim a lot closer than I do I guess. Do you use PGRs in your grow? Looks a bit like PGR weed

PGRs! Go wash your mouth out with soap! :)

I'm a little OCD about trimming and with my arthritis that's a bad combo. When I'm cropping I only take enough colas to take me an hour so if my hands start cramping up I won't have a big pile of pot to go all limp and make further trimming harder.

These are some tops before trimming.

OG18Harvest140617.jpg

Wasn't the frostiest bud but was my go-to toke for quite a while.

☮️

Latest posts

Back