All the bad signs for a male but....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digger

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
I believe a male from seed I have was left in a cup for a little longer than it should have been and even after transplanting, he is starting to grow balls and drop pollen. Not only is he an early showing male, he's continuing to flower under an 18/6 veg cycle. With all that working against him, does this mean that his progeny are guaranteed to be auto-flowers? I'm trying very hard to keep him because its NorCal Purple Kush beans by Loran. I received 3 in a trade many years ago and I'm just running them. Of course one dies, and I'm left with a breeding pair, but the male is doing this shit. Do you all think he's flowering because he was root bound and never got passed it, or is just the luck of the draw. I was trying to make more beans to pass around if anyone wanted any, but I would have preferred them to be regular and not fems. Its a conundrum, I would have made the cross no matter what if both plants were normal, but if I have to cull this male, the female has to be exceptional for me to attempt a reverse and making S1's.

I believe a male from seed I have was left in a cup for a little longer than it should have been and even after transplanting, he is starting to grow balls and drop pollen. Not only is he an early showing male, he's continuing to flower under an 18/6 veg cycle. With all that working against him, does this mean that his progeny are guaranteed to be auto-flowers? I'm trying very hard to keep him because its NorCal Purple Kush beans by Loran. I received 3 in a trade many years ago and I'm just running them. Of course one dies, and I'm left with a breeding pair, but the male is doing this shit. Do you all think he's flowering because he was root bound and never got passed it, or is just the luck of the draw. I was trying to make more beans to pass around if anyone wanted any, but I would have preferred them to be regular and not fems. Its a conundrum, I would have made the cross no matter what if both plants were normal, but if I have to cull this male, the female has to be exceptional for me to attempt a reverse and making S1's.
I bave never seen a plant flower under 24 hour lighting from anything.
I would cull that whole shitline unless you're into autos.

I just had a male flower under 18/6 started flowering also it happened to me numerous times some males if you leave them in veg to long they will start flowering all by there independent selves they usually show pre flowers first

I just had a male flower under 18/6 started flowering also it happened to me numerous times some males if you leave them in veg to long they will start flowering all by there independent selves they usually show pre flowers first
Yup... it can happen to both male and female, but yeah, the males are more prone to exposing themselves on a non flowering light schedule. dang flashers... hahaha. it's all about preservation of the strain for them.

That's usually an Auto that does that. They flower no matter what light hours your using.
Yup, and usually within a month, some month and a half....

However... many strains of photo periods will begin to preflower if veg'd to long... my neighbor has a plant he's been vegging 5mos and is 6ft tall.. covered in preflower bud production and just begging for 12/12 lighting.. tried to tell him but some people with 4yrs experience think they know it all...

IMG_20240215_151636.jpg

Must be a Sativa he is growing. He better get her flipped. She will be growing through the roof.😵‍💫

Yeah, he doesn't listen I've discovering.... lol. Mr 4yrs experience knows it all... done trying to give him advice as he just argues why to not remove all the lower crappy larf not getting any light... LED 's don't penetrate thru all that canopy and leaf... just wasted energy.
his upper buds look great but could be twice as fat...

Digger where ya at brudda? One of the best growers I know right here and being an official tester for a bit, this bro produces some of the best weed.... and, ready to test this last batch. which I know is now ready.
3wk hang dry, 3mo jar cure before anyone tastes a thing.... now that is pride.

Latest posts

Back