Age before taking cuts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YYZ Skinhead

RIP Neil Peart 9/12/1952 -- 1/7/2020
Reaction score
How old does a plant need to be before taking cuts from it? When I grow Nirvana Papaya it branches like mad and is practically begging to be cloned. I have a three-week-old plant with at least six side branches that are nearly as long as the main stem (I haven't even topped it). Shall I grow it another two-three weeks before taking cuts of it? WWGD (What Would Growers Do)? :hitchair:

Is your three week old plant from clone or seed? I would take clones if it was from a clone, at 3 weeks do you know the sex if a seed?

Good to see you yyz!

You can take clones as soon as the branches are big enough to have a couple nodes to cut and put below the soil or for the bubble cloners to keep the plant moist

...of course I recalled this AFTER I started the thread...

:postpicsworthless:

Hey Rose...:cool: I am still around...simply watching to see if the sprouts get a foothold before starting a grow journal. They are all Nirvana Papaya from feminised seeds. I cannot remember if I have ever tried cloning Papaya, but I have been growing it for around ten years.

Sup Ozzy...it is a very squat plant at the moment with a stout main stem (a good DIY drip with an aquarium heater and a 430w Agro can work wonders). I think growing a few more nodes is a good idea.

papaya53.jpg

papaya54.jpg

Latest posts

Back