Where to place my carbon scrubber?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Type_S150

Reaction score
Just wanted some thoughts on where to put this real quick, and if placement will make a significant difference.

Option 1: Hang at top of room from ceiling. (horizontal)

The ceiling is drywall with basically no studs (closet) and i have a light with air cooled hood hanging from it already. Should I be concerned about too much weight hanging from it? Im using drywall anchors that are rated for plenty more weight than what will be hanging. So far i have the light/hood which is about 20 pounds, then i would be adding the filter/fan (on seperate drywall anchors) and that is about another 30. Is that too much weight? Im concerned with how much you can hang from a single piece of drywall measuring about 7'x2.5'.

Option 2: Mount on a shelf. (vertical)

Make a shelf for the wall and place the filter on that. This would put the bottom of the filter about 3' from the floor.

So is one method better than the other? Thanks for the input.

I have mine on the floor (vertical) and they work great. As long as you have enough air moving I don't think it matters. Maybe in a really big area one would need to go as high up as possible to catch and exhaust the warmer air but in a relatively small space they work fine on the floor, provided you have good air flow.

Dr. Manny Bowles said:
I have mine on the floor (vertical) and they work great. As long as you have enough air moving I don't think it matters. Maybe in a really big area one would need to go as high up as possible to catch and exhaust the warmer air but in a relatively small space they work fine on the floor, provided you have good air flow.

is a carbon scrubber the same as a carbon filter?

jeffca said:
is a carbon scrubber the same as a carbon filter?
I think it is. If not, that is what I meant. Not sure why I said "scrubber" though, lol.

Latest posts

Back