To Flush or Not to Flush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenmobster440

Scrog Connoisseur
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Maybe stir up some folks here..lol. Everyone has a option on this...me included but trying to keep an open mind. Article/Studies like this make me rethink things a little.

Check out this article. What's your take?
https://www.rxgreentechnologies.com/rxgt_trials/flushing-trial/

This caught my eye because I grow with salts. To me and what I've been taught is to flush but my last grow I ignored it and harvested a few of them the day after a feeding. I noticed no change or difference.

@WeedHopper good stuff. What's your thoughts n prayers on the subject?
I think it's a waste of time. I have done my own testing and found no difference in taste or the way it burns.
Weed is not a straw that just dumps out its nutrients stored in the leaves because you flush the soil.
I guess if you flushed the nutrients out of the soil it would stop it from being able to uptake any more nutrients but that won't get rid of what's already in the plant.
Basically that's what the Botanist that understand how the plant uses its nutrition are trying to explain to ppl.
Problem is,,once a grower gets something in his or her head it's hard to let go.
Kinda like Politics.😁
I'm a gardener,,,I never starve my plants. My tomatoes don't get flushed and they taste great.😋
I feed my plants, veggies or weed once a week. I don't stop feeding until I harvest my weed. I want her pumped not starved before I harvest.

I've always grown outside with live soil, so flushing was impossible. I didn't feed at the end, but I didn't feed much at all the entire season.
Growing inside this year, and approaching the harvest, I was undecided. I'm using an inert medium, so I've been using strong doses of nutes. I figure the pots are pretty loaded with minerals, the buds are thick and solid and waiting for a few more amber trichs, so I reduced then stopped fertilizing last week. Heavy drinks of ph'd water every other day. Then I read articles like these and feel like dosing them again. Whatever. Studies seem to show it doesn't make any difference in taste, strength, or yield, so, I guess I'm just saving a little Jack's for next year.
On a side note, I finished a 1 1/2 pound tub of Jack's Classic and opened a new one to feed the outdoor girls for a couple more weeks. This was used for 3 indoor plants (3gallon) and 4 outdoor girls (7 and 10 gal). About halfway through the bottle of calmag, and I've barely dented Jack's Bloom, but have ten weeks of flower to get through with the outdoor four. Neem oil, sulfur, a little worm castings, and bone meal. Not a big expenditure. One bale of promix and a small bag of RealGrowers Recharge, which goes a long way.

Latest posts

Back