pollenating

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maineharvest

Reaction score
Can I pollenate just one branch to get some seeds but have the rest of the plant produce female flowers? Could I use pollen from a few different plants to pollenate different branches on the same plant?

yes, i mark mine with colored zipties loose at the main stem. then i label which ziptie is which on the container. and yes you can pollinate w more than one strian.

trillions of atoms said:
yes, i mark mine with colored zipties loose at the main stem. then i label which ziptie is which on the container. and yes you can pollinate w more than one strian.

Wow Trill I have been thinking about ordering seeds and do the same so I WILL ALWAYS have Good Seeds on hand !!!:D

Pollenate with different Males on One Female, I didn't know that one!!

Thanks There Trill !!!:48:

So Trill how do u do that and not pollen the other branches?
Bag the plant and cut a hole and seal the branch so none of the pollen won't get to the other branches!
How long have to wait before taking the bagg off?

I think you put the pollen in a paper bag and then put the bag over the branch you want to pollenate and shake it around. Thats what ive read anyways but Im not sure how long you need to leave the bag on the branch or how to keep the rest of the plant from getting pollenated after removing the bag.

np fh,

ive got a thread on how to pollinate...ill shoot it to you now
and no dont try that main harvest. thats a good way to contimaniate the rest of the plant.

trillions of atoms said:

I would like seeds this time around.I'm going to take one female and one male plant, put them in a seporate closet with bloom light.Does this sound good? how long till you harvest the seeds?

Thanks Trillions of atoms:D

ok jb imma help you with this...

imma save yer colas so you can smoke them and still get you seeds....

PM

Don't forget to keep some nitrogen going through the entire flowering process. The needs of a plat producing viable seeds is different than producing just sens bud. I use FF brand and keep a portion of bloom and grow big throughout the flowering. I let the buds finish up as normal though.

Mutt said:
Don't forget to keep some nitrogen going through the entire flowering process. The needs of a plat producing viable seeds is different than producing just sens bud. I use FF brand and keep a portion of bloom and grow big throughout the flowering. I let the buds finish up as normal though.

Mutt
How do you do nitrogen? Whats FF? I plan on using fox farms bloom fert.

FF is Fox Farms. ;)
I use a mix of Big bloom keep an eye on any "N" deficiencies then add a touch of grow big. You should have both Grow Big and Big bloom in your collection. Big Bloom of course the most used one, but having some Grow Big around is a must IME. Tiger Bloom I live without. I got a bottle but barely use it. I use the Big bloom even in veg. Gorw Big I use mainly in flower or moms. When I need some extra "N" and Mg among other stuff its rich in.

Mutt said:
FF is Fox Farms. ;)
I use a mix of Big bloom keep an eye on any "N" deficiencies then add a touch of grow big. You should have both Grow Big and Big bloom in your collection. Big Bloom of course the most used one, but having some Grow Big around is a must IME. Tiger Bloom I live without. I got a bottle but barely use it. I use the Big bloom even in veg. Gorw Big I use mainly in flower or moms. When I need some extra "N" and Mg among other stuff its rich in.

This is Sweet Mutt:clap: Thank you:48: Im going next week or the week after for my fert. Let me re-read this.:D

Hick said:
..No paper bags are needed. Simply catch some selected pollen and brush iy onto the selected pistills, with the fan OFF, with a soft bristled artists paint brush or a makup brush. ! grain of viable pollen + 1 pistill = 1 seed.

I have seen it done like this on TV:48: Hick. When can you turn the fan back on?

Hick said:
I give it a half hour or so, then very lightly mist with plain water, to eliminate the chance of any stray particles being blown around, then turn the fan back on.

Sweet hick :lama:

Hick said:
..No paper bags are needed. Simply catch some selected pollen and brush iy onto the selected pistills, with the fan OFF, with a soft bristled artists paint brush or a makup brush. ! grain of viable pollen + 1 pistill = 1 seed.

if u put lets say three grains on the same pistil will it still only produce one seed or three

brookside302 said:
if u put lets say three grains on the same pistil will it still only produce one seed or three

Good Quetion

Latest posts

Back