lowryder breeding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
I polinated them after they were a week or so into flowering. They were showing hairs, but not overly developed. I repolinated a week later actually leaving the male hanging over the two females for several days and giving it a decent shake daily. The male has since been topped, but I am keeping it alive to produce more pollen if it can. I also crossed the male with one branch on a flowering Bubba that was in the flowering room. The one branch and one adjacent to it are also producing seed pods. I'm hoping to get the auto flower characteristics into the Bubba.
I don't smoke, but am a caregiver and yet do love the smell of it. I'm really looking forward to a nice budded female lowryder, but since I only had the three plants to begin with and didn't want to have to reorder seeds and wait I opted to sacrifice the first batch to simply produce seeds, hopefully saving me the time and expense of having to purchase them 5 or 10 at a time at great expense. I seem to have several hundred seeds going right now and if I can harvest and age them correctly I'm set for quite some time. I'll play with feminization at a later date. I'd also like to try crossing with a few power plants that I recently germinated.

look at u the little pot pimp lol...making the love connections..

Love?..... maybe....economics?...surely!lol Sure don't want to ruin these seeds with an incorrectly done harvest though!

I like the autos I have but I realise I am more of an indica girl...

I understand... I've had better luck with strains that are mostly Indica dominant....that's why I tried a cross to the Bubba. It's also a reasonably short, but bushy plant. I took some photos, but will have to download them first. The color balance will be off since they were taken under sodium lighting.

Here are the Lowryder seeds..

seeds2.jpg

seeds3.jpg

seeds4.jpg

beautiful bubbas!!!

Thank you... Yes... I did polinate one branch on the bubbas.. Not too many seeds, but they're there. Enough to try it again if it works well. Thanks for the tip on harvest timing...

bubba vs lowryder seeds.jpg

Hello Ibudo :)

The picture below is a ripe Auto seed, you want as many of yours to look like it :aok:

Some ripe seeds will open the pod and you will see the seeds, these can be manually taken from the plant while the plant is still living.

Many seeds will be ripe and still hide in the seed pod so when you harvest the plant you will have to open the seed pods with your fingers.

Harvest the plant as you would a Sinsemilla, the seeds will be ready.

When you think the plant is at its natural Auto harvest date then open one of the closed seed pods and look at the seed, then do it again in a different part of the plant, if they look like the seed in the picture then it is time to harvest.

Not all seeds will be mature, you always get some that are green and not brown.

:peace:

199.JPG

Thanks so much for the advice. I wouldn't want to ruin an entire project by going in too early. The photo is perfect for what I was looking for. It gives me a great example to look for.

Big difference in just one day. I checked them today and about a third of them have started to open the pod. They were mostly closed yesterday, but we hit some cool weather in the past week or so and the daily light is diminishing fast. I know they're autoflowering, but I think somehow the change has helped.... Now just to wait until they start turning color. I will post more photos in a few days. Thanks everyone for all the good advice and to you 2Dog for the compliment. My sponser has sampled already and is very, very pleased with the results!

Latest posts

Back