Just made Weed cookies, gummies and tincture with absolutely no weed taste

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotta say, your post about making thc weed gummies, cookies, and tincture without the weed taste caught my eye! That's some impressive kitchen wizardry right there. Personally, I've always been curious about edibles but worried about that strong weed flavor. Your trick with the lecithin sounds like a game-changer. I bet those treats were a hit!
A forum pic to use
1719330019413.png

I gotta say, your post about making thc weed gummies, cookies, and tincture without the weed taste caught my eye! That's some impressive kitchen wizardry right there. Personally, I've always been curious about edibles but worried about that strong weed flavor. Your trick with the lecithin sounds like a game-changer. I bet those treats were a hit!
Taste is the big hurdle to overcome. I found ghee butter to be excellent and coconut oil works well too.
I gotta make some gummies sometime.

Ya gotta be careful with edibles. You can really stop time with them..lol.

AI response. I have not tried any of this, this is the answer from ChatGPT. These methods are used to remove chlorophyll.

Use Cold Ethanol Extraction

• Chill Ethanol: Use cold ethanol (-20°C to -70°C) as your extraction solvent. The colder temperature helps prevent excessive chlorophyll extraction.
  • Short Extraction Time: Limit the contact time between the plant material and ethanol during extraction to minimize chlorophyll solubility.

Activated Carbon Treatment

• Add Activated Carbon: After extracting cannabinoids using ethanol or another solvent, add activated carbon to the extract. This will adsorb unwanted pigments, including chlorophyll.
  • Mix Thoroughly: Stir or mix the extract with activated carbon thoroughly for a specified period (usually around 30 minutes).
  • Filtration: Filter the mixture through a coarse filter or use a filtration system designed for this purpose to separate the activated carbon from your extract

Hexane Wash Method

• Dissolve in Water and Hexane: Mix your extract with distilled water and then add lab-grade hexane. Shake well and let it settle into layers.
  • Separate Layers: Collect the upper hexane layer containing most of the chlorophyll, then repeat washing if necessary until clarity improves.

Sounds like a separatory funnel would come in handy. Wonder where you could score lab grade hexane?
Actually bro, this shouldn’t be surprising, but Walmart carries lab tested food grade hexane. lol i swear that place, it won’t be long before we can get a body part at Walmart on sale and rolled back by like .5 cents.

Wow, I never knew. I'll keep that in mind just in case.
Haha, does this site show my location? That’s kind of odd to me that you’re asking me my exact state. I just recently moved here from AZ. I’m near bolivar, I think about 30 minutes north of Springfield. Checking a map, bootheal is all the way south east of me. I believe I. About 1-3 hours from? So ya I’d consider that close.

Look under your name below the reaction score. It say's "mo". Reason I asked was because I had a ton of kin down there. Mom was from Kennet, and Pappy was from Senath. My best dearly departed friend/brother was from Parma. Still got some relation down there I'm sure.

Look under your name below the reaction score. It say's "mo". Reason I asked was because I had a ton of kin down there. Mom was from Kennet, and Pappy was from Senath. My best dearly departed friend/brother was from Parma. Still got some relation down there I'm sure.
Haha, I like your location better. 👍 Hey we might be related some way down the line. I maybe just relocating here but a good portion of my dad’s side was from here. You said down there, common phrase sometimes but it could also indicate you’re north of me then? Small world huh man? I guess it’s pretty big, it would take us a lifetime to walk around it, it’s a small world when we hit up the internet though lol.

Nope. I'm up in Yankeeland. Southern bred, but Yankee born. I was born in Flint, MI and moved to Clio at age 5. Been here ever since. Born and raised in Genesee county.

If I ever had to pick sides, I think I'd stand for who was ever in the right. One thing I know for sure is a southern man has more manors in his little finger than most yankees have in their whole soul and body. You could walk down the street in Kennett and a man on the other side of the street would nod and say howdy. You can ride 10 floors on an elevator up here and not have anyone make eye contact with you.

Nope. I'm up in Yankeeland. Southern bred, but Yankee born. I was born in Flint, MI and moved to Clio at age 5. Been here ever since. Born and raised in Genesee county.

If I ever had to pick sides, I think I'd stand for who was ever in the right. One thing I know for sure is a southern man has more manors in his little finger than most yankees have in their whole soul and body. You could walk down the street in Kennett and a man on the other side of the street would nod and say howdy. You can ride 10 floors on an elevator up here and not have anyone make eye contact with you.
Small towns are always more friendly. Rural areas too. Sone southerners have their head so far up their ass they can lick their tonsils

Small towns are always more friendly. Rural areas too. Sone southerners have their head so far up their ass they can lick their tonsils
That reminds me of that song.
"Try that in a small town"😁
I'd say I'm in the south. Does Dallas Texas count.😱

Haha, I like your location better. 👍 Hey we might be related some way down the line. I maybe just relocating here but a good portion of my dad’s side was from here. You said down there, common phrase sometimes but it could also indicate you’re north of me then? Small world huh man? I guess it’s pretty big, it would take us a lifetime to walk around it, it’s a small world when we hit up the internet though lol.

Bro that’s actually why I moved here. I’m from bigger cities. Everyone is rude, in a hurry, inconsiderate. Man honestly if I made a list like this, it would absolutely be TL;DR. Funny your explanation is so similar to mine. So being from the west coast, the whole west coast, lived in all three states. I relate things the same way. Being from cali if someone raised their hand at you while driving they’re flipping you off. So I get to a small town in Oregon, I notice people are raising their hand at me as I drive passed. So I flip them off, confused why everyone is flipping ME off. Eventually I pass by another car slow enough that I realized they’ve been waving at me the whole time /sigh. I have a little town heart with a big town personality. So ya the above statements, I believe they’re all true. Sadly in my above experience you can tell that I was social conditioned to be rude to people. I had never seen people be nice for no reason. In todays wild society, I’m more glad than ever I live in the middle of nowhere.

I've dabbled a bit in baking (mostly cookies and brownies), but never tried infusing them with THC. Your post got me thinking it might be worth giving it a shot, especially if the taste isn't so weedy. Plus, making your own sounds way cooler than buying from a dispensary, you know? Do you find it hard to get the dosage just right, though? That's the one thing I'd worry about—ending up too high to function! How do you manage that part?
There’s a confusing dosage, something about weed is 1000mg, if you have 25% weed that’s 250mg of thc, now if you have ten cookies that’s 25mg per cookie. I don’t much care for that as it seems so generic. Here’s a much more mathematically confusing calculator that I use. It’s also nice that you can swap ratios and even solvent types and instantly get dosages. Is it correct? I’m not sure as the above silly math is how I do it on my own.

https://emilykylenutrition.com/edible-dosage-calculator/

Latest posts

Back