Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im a Cat today LOL
aacat.jpg

Got 2 coins packaged up and ready to ship today. One is a '56 Wheat Penny with an off-center error ("L" from Liberty is on rim), the other is a 2022 D Quarter with an "In COD We Trust" error. More cash to go towards my grow project!
Took more pictures yesterday, and got new coins listed last night. One is a Bicentennial Quarter with a Filled D Mint Mark error, which usually sell pretty quick

morning gang. woke up and thought it was saturday. nope friday.
i can see how people flake out in their thirties. pops turns 70 this year. be lucky to make it another ten years. and that sure aint long at all. mom isn't doing well, i figure she may have a year or so. she still drinks hard and between kidney, heart and diabetes her body isn't what it used to be. this period of my life is full of emotion. watching my two boys growing up. its such a joy. and yet watching my parents decline. used to wonder how i was going to take care of my sister when our parents died, don't have that to wonder about anymore. she beat them to the pearly gates last december.
i'll keep plodding along, down one row and back up the other till i wear this body out and shed these worldly bones when its my turn

It's the circle of life. The old pass on and the young take their place 'til it's their turn to complete the circle.
Those boys whoopin' ya in wrestling matches yet? :)
not yet. one is three and a half, the other is ten months old. i sure do love my family. i am blessed with the things money cannot buy

Good morning brothers and sisters!

Rain today, starting at 49F and predicted to reach 64F.
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

What a joke Angi's List turned out to be. I asked for three bids and got two calls from the first vendor. The first to tell me that they didn't do that kind of work and the second because they didn't know that someone from their company already called.

The second vendor showed up but didn't submit a bid, even after I called three days later and left a message that I was closing the bid at noon that day.

The third never showed, but I got an email from Angi telling me that I had to verify my appointment with the vendor with them.

What a joke! None of the vendors spoke fluent or easily understood English, so even with the drawing I provided, I had to explain it and repeat myself, before not getting a bid. No one who contacted me was native born and I question whether they had green cards.

When I answered Angi's message requiring me to verify my appointment with vendors, they offered to set up another appointment and I told them I couldn't be more unhappy with their lack of professionalism and that we wouldn't be doing business.

Starting over seeking bids from vendors who are big enough to afford a website, but still shooting blind because I've been retired 19-years and my professional contacts are mostly retired, dead, or otherwise long gone.

Latest posts

Back