I found some seeds in last years harvest.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerrob

Reaction score
I had a really bad grow last year. I tried growing 10 sour diesel plants from feminized seeds. I tried a new soil and was on year 3 of my Amazon LED lights. I had some really high temps during my grow. I grow in a 4x8x8 tent in a pole barn. I have had bad issues with heat and humidity. Anyway my grow was really bad with low yield. I just recently discovered seeds hidden in the buds of my most recent jar. The question I have is that since the plant obviously hermied to produce seeds, will these seeds produce hermies only or do I have a chance for females from these seeds?

I had a really bad grow last year. I tried growing 10 sour diesel plants from feminized seeds. I tried a new soil and was on year 3 of my Amazon LED lights. I had some really high temps during my grow. I grow in a 4x8x8 tent in a pole barn. I have had bad issues with heat and humidity. Anyway my grow was really bad with low yield. I just recently discovered seeds hidden in the buds of my most recent jar. The question I have is that since the plant obviously hermied to produce seeds, will these seeds produce hermies only or do I have a chance for females from these seeds?
If they were fem seeds then the hermies should be fem pollen. I would risk it. A lot of herm issues are caused from stress and excess light/heat. Lower the light brightness by 20% in flower and watch for hermies you still get them pull the nanners and lower the light another 10%. If it still happens I would toss the rest of seeds. New growers always have a learning curve. Do not give up keep growing. Everyone has grows that suck or have issues. This year I am battling bugs big time. My worst bugs ever. Things are snacking on my leaves. DE seems to help, time to reapply.

Mistakes are how we learn. It's part of life. Keep on keeping on my friend. You will have some Dank in no time. We have some of the best growers on the net right here on the Passion. Ask questions and read the grow journals. Members will be more than glad to help you anyway they can.

Mistakes are how we learn. It's part of life. Keep on keeping on my friend. You will have some Dank in no time. We have some of the best growers on the net right here on the Passion. Ask questions and read the grow journals. Members will be more than glad to help you anyway they can.
Yes, this years grow is going much better. I got new lights from spiderfarm, bought a portable air conditioner and put that in the tent. I am currently building a grow room pole barn 12x8 which I will fully insulate and I should be able to control the environment much better. Current grow just finished 3rd week of flower and I think it’s going well. Here is a quick pic I took yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_0965.jpeg
    IMG_0965.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
I would grow them.
Keep in mind, if a plant herms, and pollinates itself, you will be more likely to get more hermies.
If a plant herms, and pollinates a different plant, you will be less likely to get more hermies.

If they were fem seeds then the hermies should be fem pollen. I would risk it. A lot of herm issues are caused from stress and excess light/heat. Lower the light brightness by 20% in flower and watch for hermies you still get them pull the nanners and lower the light another 10%. If it still happens I would toss the rest of seeds. New growers always have a learning curve. Do not give up keep growing. Everyone has grows that suck or have issues. This year I am battling bugs big time. My worst bugs ever. Things are snacking on my leaves. DE seems to help, time to reapply.
Wow man you sound like you really know your stuff I grow outside and I'm new here to I am basic as hell after getting on this platform lol! I just wanted to say hi

I was you last year. I learned a ton from people on this site its great. People are very helpful too

Latest posts

Back