Controlled drying

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KGB

Reaction score
I have my lung room controlled to make sure it’s never over 55% humidity. Instead of trying to raise humidity in the larger tent where everything is in hanging baskets I am pulling all the air into the tent from the 2x2 tent. I just have one a large cardboard box will do the same I would think. My T3 humidifier is in the smaller tent and although the humidity spikes there it’s a constant flow right to the two lower fans for a gentle circulation. Gonna be the best dry yet and I can replicate it so that finishes that. And I have a wood moisture meter to check stems going to play around with that and see where it leads.

1724369475259.jpeg

This time I put Boveda packs in each 1/4 lb sized bag and make sure the humidity remains rock solid. I also burped the grove bags for the first few days until they all read 62 humidity…I think maybe 5 days. I used wood moisture meter on the larger buds so I knew when to move them to the grove bags.

I am starting to realize part of the magic of a Cannatrol is it locks into set conditions. My basement floor is 69 degrees and I was able to maintain 62% humidity in my tent. Best buds so far and I am quite pleased.

The mad scientist.😁 yehaaaaaaaaaa 🤠
That’s me. I looked at tons of reviews and videos of the Cannatrol and while it’s impressive it isn’t “necessary” as much as a completely stable temp and humidity is which is what makes it work so well.

As for the Boveda packs they are only necessary for 2 weeks then you can take them out or leave them in. They are the 1/2 ounce size. After use I throw them back into a ziplock freezer bag that has a massive 1lb 62% pack and by the time I need them again it will have all evened out amongst the packs and they will be ready for another use. I weighed the 1lb pack so I can add or subtract some moisture over time.

In a few weeks I will determine if curing is finished and cut out some for smoking then freeze the rest in vacuum sealed bags

I didn't use those bags. I tried these. 25 for $9 Amazon. Was kinda skeptical about how well they'd work but a few months into this and nothing has dried out. I don't even have boveda pouches.
IMG_20240524_151208469.jpgIMG_20240525_125750788.jpg

I didn't use those bags. I tried these. 25 for $9 Amazon. Was kinda skeptical about how well they'd work but a few months into this and nothing has dried out. I don't even have boveda pouches.
View attachment 361694View attachment 361695
The Boveda packs are to ensure a controlled dry. You don’t need them for drying and curing but from what I can see they make drying more precise along with a wood meter to know when to put them in the bag. And the Cannatrol is indisputable in its ability to dry and cure better than any other method….due to a perfect controlled dry.

Last edited:
I guess I just take a less technical approach. I have a friend who uses that wood meter. Nice tool to have around if you need exact readings.

I guess I just take a less technical approach. I have a friend who uses that wood meter. Nice tool to have around if you need exact readings.
Unfortunately it’s exact readings “per meter” depending on the material they used for their probes. It doesnt matter for wood but it does for cannabis, or that’s the consensus.

When my main buds hit 9.8 mine are done but that could be a point or two different for a different meter. I just have to know my meters number which I figured out this round.

This time I put Boveda packs in each 1/4 lb sized bag and make sure the humidity remains rock solid. I also burped the grove bags for the first few days until they all read 62 humidity…I think maybe 5 days. I used wood moisture meter on the larger buds so I knew when to move them to the grove bags.

I am starting to realize part of the magic of a Cannatrol is it locks into set conditions. My basement floor is 69 degrees and I was able to maintain 62% humidity in my tent. Best buds so far and I am quite pleased.
My large buds took like 10 days

Latest posts

Back