Coco Coir Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did wash it and soak it overnight in calmag even though it was supposedly pre buffered. And it’s too late to add more perlite as it’s in its forever home and I don’t want to re-pot but I’ll take it for future advise if I decide on using this medium again. But as far as dwc, out of all of my grows in different mediums dwc has absolutely without a shadow of a doubt been the most successful for me. Even in coco which is supposed to be hydro-like I’m not getting the absolute explosive growth I get with dwc. When I use dwc my plants dwarf any other method both in size and yield.
I bought the cheapest dirtiest coco compressed blocks that were full of sea salt and dirt. Soaked it in peroxide or chlorine for at least 2days drained washed and then a second run flushed like crazy until i see very little change in my soaked water. And yes i used calcium nitrate at high levels to help with the salt removal. I can see it becoming difficult without the perlite as 50% was that but my coco was fine and that level of treatment makes it even finer so i absolutely need the perlite.

Latest posts

Back