Sound Off! Need Nominees for GREATEST GUITAR SONGS EVER! Give me your picks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here's some satriani

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhKraLQmBzI The best of

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2HiKvGJ4bw&feature=related Live solo

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAalYg53V30 Live

obviously he's the best

and some dragonforce just for fun

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc9_U-RBSuk

Hick said:
how 'bout Roy Clark ??
"Under the Double Eagle"..or (lookout below) :rofl:

Yes! Amazing guitarist! Almost worth atching Hee Haw for...almost. The guy's got lightening fingers. Buck Owens was no slouch either.

monkeybusiness said:
How could i forget..

Junior Brown!!!

He is the Jimi Hendrix of twang. I've never seen anything like him. Jaw dropping.

watch as he effortlessly switches from his regular guitar neck to his steel guitar (double neck) in mid song..
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1bQfZCrhYU&feature=related

Couldn't agree more. And your description of him as the "Jimi Hendrix of twang" is spot on! I couldn't get the link to work, was it "My Wife Thinks You're Dead?"

~Snax (He Who Lurks)

snaxforgandhi said:
Yes! Amazing guitarist! Almost worth atching Hee Haw for...almost. The guy's got lightening fingers. Buck Owens was no slouch either.

I feel like I just entered a time capsul :eek:

kaotik said:
how'bout some Ventures.. apache'65 or walk don't run :D

I already had "Walk Don't Run" but I didn't connect "Apache '65" with the Ventures right away :eek: . I always think of the Arrows (Davie Allen?). Jorgen Ingmann also did a slower version. Oddly (to me) is that Allen's cover sounds more "Ventures-ey" than the Ventures.

Anyway, great picks!

~Snax

chris1974 said:
I feel like I just entered a time capsul :eek:

You have! Feel spacetime dilate and warp around you... you are becoming sleepy...sleepy...

snaxforgandhi said:
Couldn't agree more. And your description of him as the "Jimi Hendrix of twang" is spot on! I couldn't get the link to work, was it "My Wife Thinks You're Dead?"

~Snax (He Who Lurks)
very sorry, i forgot to add that you have to change the 'xx' in 'hxxp' to 'tt's: 'http'

It's his song 'I Hung It Up'. Classic Junior.
I was gonna post a link to 'Sugar Foot Rag' where he belts out an old country dittie layered with Hendrix riffs. Amaaazing

I go see him live everytime he comes through town and he's always fantastic! (and odd as can be)

if ya wanna talk accoustic guitar check out

Tesla
love song

especially the version with the long intro.

monkeybusiness said:
Jeff Beck. Cause we've ended as lovers

THANK you monkeybusiness...

Thank GOD somebody mentioned Jeff Beck... I didn't read the rules but I was gonna post Jeff Beck 'Blow by Blow' as the consumate guitar record in my lifetime... a master's master... a guitar player's guitar player... someone who throws away all the rules and shows what the instrument is truly capable of...

Jeff Beck is my deity...:p

I've seen him play live about 15 times and when I saw him on tour with Stevie Ray Vaughn in '89 at the Forum in LA I spent a bundle on 10th row seats and I looked over and saw who was in the crowd around me that night with their mouths hanging open... Eddie Van Halen, Steve Vai, Steve Lukather, and just about every session guitar I worked with in the studios in LA...

Viva Jeff Beck!:cool:

jeff beck blow by blow.jpg

just thinking.. how could we forget Heart?.. the most rocking females in rock :)
crazy on you (mainly for the intro, i love that bit) or barracuda

smoke on the water? deep purple ;)
Cannon Rock - JerryC (check it out on youtube)

dirtyolsouth said:
THANK you monkeybusiness...

Thank GOD somebody mentioned Jeff Beck... I didn't read the rules but I was gonna post Jeff Beck 'Blow by Blow' as the consumate guitar record in my lifetime... a master's master... a guitar player's guitar player... someone who throws away all the rules and shows what the instrument is truly capable of...

Jeff Beck is my deity...:p

I've seen him play live about 15 times and when I saw him on tour with Stevie Ray Vaughn in '89 at the Forum in LA I spent a bundle on 10th row seats and I looked over and saw who was in the crowd around me that night with their mouths hanging open... Eddie Van Halen, Steve Vai, Steve Lukather, and just about every session guitar I worked with in the studios in LA...

Viva Jeff Beck!:cool:
WOW, you were at that forum show? I was living in hollywood at the time but was too much on the skids to afford it. I DID however get to see him from 2nd row and center about 8 years ago and was blown away for sure. His right hand technique is where its at. Sooooo much going on in his right hand. A one of a kind and a master at his trade!!!

tesla, coming at ya live dvd, 2008 . starts out with coming at you live w solos at first. just kicks butt and takes names. secondly, dream theater, octavarium 2002 i think, cd of same name. the best gutair work ive ever heard at the end of that one:)

"Green Grass and High Tides Forever"

The OUTLAWS

Green Grass and High Tides Forever

stonedrone said:
here's some satriani

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhKraLQmBzI The best of

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2HiKvGJ4bw&feature=related Live solo

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAalYg53V30 Live

obviously he's the best

and some dragonforce just for fun

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc9_U-RBSuk

I forgot Joe Satriani on my list but he rocks too.

dating meself , eh snax?;) :D ...

anyone ever get into Aldo Nova? the guy can rock, maybe a bit to lovie for some, but they throw some licks brothers...

soo, aldo nova/canadian rocker
ball and chain
1981... melodic hard rock with guitar driven solos...:)

anyone mention the great pat metheny.:) ...Irish...

Metallica- Call of the kutulu

Pantera- the sleep

Mother Love Bone - Man of golden Words (not exquisite, but pre-Eddie Vedder awesomeness.)

Metallica....

For whom the bell tolls...... :)

KISS
Dr. Love
Love gun

ted nugent ---- strangle hold , is the greatest guitar song ever

anyone ever get into Aldo Nova? the guy can rock, maybe a bit to lovie for some, but they throw some licks brothers...

.:) ...Irish...[/quote]

i like the song fantasy ,,, it rocks

Latest posts

Back