ok i got pics of my plant(s) help/tips are greatly appreciated

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raphee17

The Raphee
Reaction score
Bernie in Full.jpg

Bernie's light.jpg

Lil Rick James.jpg

Bernie top.jpg

the one on top and bottom is lil Bernie Mac and the other is Rick James!LOL! bernie is a month old and Rick is just a couple weeks or so. i topped rick(dumb move i think) and surrounded the tupperware bowl i got around him with foil on dull side. Bernie isnt topped because i dont wanna mess him up without knowing exactly how to do it. ive just been looking up stuff and double checking before i did Anything soo i thought this would be easier...i would love any and All help/tips!

more info would be good

ie
what is the problem ,if there is one ,,,they look a little stretched
what soil.are u using
any nutes
the ph of the water
lights (im assuming cfls ,,how many ?)you need at least 5000 lumens per sq ft )
size of your grow area
oh and foil is never a good thing ,,it causes hot spots ,,try flat white paint or mylar
goodluck :peace:

Hey Raphee.
Like UKGirl said- need more info.
But from what I see in the pics, your plants are starving for light (that's why they are so tall- they should be much bushier at 1 month old. Get the light closer- and get more light.
And that foil isn't helping you at all- a piece of wood painted flat white would give you better results.

Tell us more about what you're doing and maybe you can get some more specific help. Good luck to you.

i am just wanting any tips to grow better/faster. im using some miracle grow soil till i can get normal soil, just regular sams choice purified water so i dont think its got an acidity level.. i have just the one CFL. i dont have any way to put another light in or i would but im getting new lights in the next weekend. my closet is painted white already and the foil is on the dull side i heard the shiny side causes the hot spots... thanks, ill give any info i can!

With a cfl you can get pretty close- a couple of inches at most, but you're going to need more light.

your water probably isn't at right ph. u need to get a meter and a ph up/down kit...... ph is very important... and u need better soil bro. and keep your lights an inch or 2 from your canopy and maybe even run a few verticaly if ur using cfls. get some vegging nutes and keep light on for 24/7 for now. and u will see a huge improvement.. try pinching your stems in between nodes to stunt and stop stretching. top those others and they will branch out... good luck bro

thank you all im definitely changing stuff up.. do i just leave the light on 24 hours a day all week? i had been doin 18 on and 6 off and then i switched to 24 on and 12 off last week. im constantly reading and by the way this is now my Homepage so i can check up on the help i get!

so dont even turn it off for the 12? Thanks and thats an awesome website! ill probly go down to the hardware store and pick up lights and get sum veggy nutrients from your buddy's site... but which ones? i need the cheapest but best what do you recommend?

Go with the GH 3 part nutes, they are farily easy to get the hang of, just use half the recommended dosage for each stage of growth.

You also do not want to top your plants until they have at least 3 sets of internodes..at least I don't if I was topping. Also, if you must use flourescent lighting, tubes are better than compact bulbs. It is better to have the light emitting from the length of the tube than from a single point, you can get much more plant material close to the bulb this way.

Artificial light loses power quickly over distance. If you have two plants near a light, and one is one foot away and the other is 4 feet away, the plant one foot away is getting SIXTEEN TIMES as much light.

[If you'll rename them with girl names--something like Wanda Sikes ain't bad-- we'll give you a big group mojo to help out.[/quote]

hahaha i was thinking wanda mac last night cuz bernie is definitley a lady!

OK im definitely goin to broponics.com but i cant decide which Nutrients to get...i just need the growing(veg) and flowering nutes right? but which ones??

If you can't get new lights try putting them in the sun all day. They need way more light.

He Has A Nice Starter Kit There For Nutes It Has Everything You Need For Germ/veg/flower And Pre Harvest. It Has Like 9 Bottles Of Goodies And In A Little Siutcase Looking Thing And Its Like 38.00 Us Dollars

after all this i dont have much questions left... im gonna get a socket splitter so that i can have more light without havin to get a large fixture. how many bulbs should i need? ive been reading about lumens n kelvins i dont really understand but im following the numbers! i need 6000k for veggin and 2700k for flowering right?

O and my smaller plant was topped early and it is browning at the site where it was topped and the two branches near...is it dying or something? i put the little leaves i topped in a tiny pot with soil and its been 3 days and they havent changed at all .. could they be rooting? i am hoping!

Latest posts

Back