My soil...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whoawhoa

The "rogue" member
Reaction score
My soil won't stay wet, I water it and in about 2 hrs the top feels REALLY dry. I have some pretty good store bought organic soil... does anyone know whats up?

*this is in the wrong forum, I know I know... lol*

How's your heat? That seems like a lot of evaporation. Or your humidity, if the air is really dry the air will dry it out.

Have two 23w(say they put out 100w worth of light) fluorescents...

I totally forgot about humidity levels, so I'll have to get gauge...

I'm going by how the surfacefeels ... also when I looked at the sides of the cup... I seen little tiny water beads.

Another question while we're on the subject... About how often/much should I be watering my seeds?

You are suppsed to measure by two inches into the soil. The air dries off the top, the roots still have the water they need. I only water when the dirst is dry,which takes a WHILE during seedling.

You guys aren't getting it, my plants haven't sprouted yet... so I don't have roots.

Presoaked for like 2 days... and yea the paper towel method works better. Least then you are certain something will grow.

:holysheep: yeah keep the seeds in a moist paper towel in a baggie.
Put the seeds in a wet paper towel and folded it over covering the seeds. and slide it into a baggie close it and put the bag on something warm ,t.v. stereo, or heating pad. thoses seeds will pop open for you , keep the towel moist .:hairpull:

whoawhoa said:
You guys aren't getting it, my plants haven't sprouted yet... so I don't have roots.
"I" go in with a little hand held sprayer.and spray the soil until it is wet.I do that acouple times a day until they pop out of the ground,then I start to lightly and slowly start to water them,until water comes out the bottom holes.But how often is up to you.Keep it GREEN:hubba:

Latest posts

Back