Joint Wont Burn :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it depends on the bud , some must be used with tobacco because i lacked knowledge of mj , this site really helped me especially ya'll , the reason im saying this because if i had the knowledge i wouldve dried the buds to be smoked pure , but i used to smoke pure , some which worked , and sometimes the stash comes hard to burn , even when crushed like powder.
overrall that jay looks good fora relaxation time , but when going to uni by car my jay was 2wice as big :) , i had times on the end of my time in downunder where it was a real killer.

lordhighlama said:
To the OP sounds like you've got to get a bit better at rolling your J's. Take the advise of PH and NYC then just add a crutch at the end and you've got yourself a sweet joint. I use a thin strip of cardboard strait off the rolling paper case.

I do this too. I tear of a whit epiece of cardboard from my cigerrete pack about 1/4 inch wide. I roll this between my fingers and place it in the end of the J I am going to smoke from before I roll it. This causes me to not need to smoke the J all the way down to the nub, burning my fingers and make sure I am not wasting any MJ. When it was shown to me it was called a "ghetto filter".

If you look closely at the first pic in the second set, you can see how the "Yin-Yang" technique leaves not enough room for ant "treats" to pass through. The openings are actually far smaller than the opening on a conventional crutch, even the pre-rolled tubes available on the market today.

But to be honest, I'm a daily smoker and I haven't smoked a J in years. To me it just wastes too much. If I end up with shake it goes in the vaporizer.

The Effen Gee said:
If you look closely at the first pic in the second set, you can see how the "Yin-Yang" technique leaves not enough room for ant "treats" to pass through. The openings are actually far smaller than the opening on a conventional crutch, even the pre-rolled tubes available on the market today.

aaahhhhh... now I see what your talking about. Like how you call them ant "treats" lol!

...Also, if your bud has high levels of nitrogen it wont burn well.

This is a mind blowing post to me.:shocked: Cracks me up how much detail some guys go into explaining their rolling technique. And that one post about slurping on the rolled hoot then drying it! That is known as a nigga lippa or a CC where I'm from. And you Ausies with your tobacco and cones, yuk! Man I wish I could get my hands on a Big Bamboo album paper, the one the size of that Cheech and Chong album.:D Led Zeppelin!

Yeah right!
It's just patience. Properly cured bud smokes just fine in a joint. It is no good letting lumps get in there, that's gonna cause uneven burning or it will go out.
Just be patient and make sure you turn the bud into nice easy to roll fragments and strands. Some of the 'hard' bud can take a while to 'process'.
And if you get a run .. . just lick a finger and use it to wet the side that is burning too fast. That'll help.
And as for using triple skins? Yeah I used to do that once. Before I learnt how to grow dynamite bud!

SherwoodForest said:
This is a mind blowing post to me.:shocked: Cracks me up how much detail some guys go into explaining their rolling technique. And that one post about slurping on the rolled hoot then drying it! That is known as a nigga lippa or a CC where I'm from. And you Ausies with your tobacco and cones, yuk! Man I wish I could get my hands on a Big Bamboo album paper, the one the size of that Cheech and Chong album.:D Led Zeppelin!

I bought Big Bamboo on vinyl and when I got it home I found some mutha had stolen the damn paper!

The Effen Gee said:
Um, I live in california and have yet to find somebody who can roll cones like me.
Yours look impressive no doubt. In Australia they always roll cones an use tobacco in them. I seen a guy roll one with one hand on the beach in about 6 seconds, smoked perfect, they just need to keep the tobaco out of it.:D

Woo Hoo OK I figured out wha.t was wrong.Brand Loyalty,Ive use zig zags for so long never thought of anything else,I prefer zig zag cut corners slo burn....

But any ways it was all in the paper,I went with a thicker paper(we call them bed sheets here)they burn like a champ,finally something right is happening,maybe my cloning will turn around now as well lol.

anybody remember the randys? the ones with the wire in them.. they were the bomb. wish i could find those. i havent seen them in years

The Effen Gee said:
Um, I live in california and have yet to find somebody who can roll cones like me.

Hehe.. couldnt resist chiming in here EG..I use the small Club papers; these are the best. Why? Just burn one and compare the ash to anything else. There will be no ash. I've been twisting cigs for three decades now - did quit for a year two years ago, and prolly will again - but anyway.. I bet you roll a mean J too. You tried Clubs? They have 1 1/2 width as well if you can't deal ;)

But I also did wanna acknowledge your astute suggestion regarding nitrogen in one's weed. I never knew about this before you posted on another thread about flushing a few days ago. I could not figure out why my doobs were going out! My methods had not changed (decades of same rolling method).. so yeah, thanks for 'splaining that. Do I flush now? Heck yeah, I do!

I also don't know why Aussies, Brits and Canadians use this cardboard filter thang... not my bag.. seems silly. And I hate what Euros do; mixing tobacco w/ pot. Toking on tobacco? Are you out of yer mind?

Finally, Sherwood.. I don't think "nigga lippa" was a very polite thing to say - in any forum. 'Nuff said.

Cheers,

The papers that came (or come) with the "Bali Shag" tobacco are the best in my book.

The tobacco 'aint too bad either.

I used to smoke TONS of spliffs, mostly while I was working at one of my many crappy job's.

...I quit tobacco a while ago, but sometimes I do cheat...

The Effen Gee said:
The papers that came (or come) with the "Bali Shag" tobacco are the best in my book.

The tobacco 'aint too bad either.

I used to smoke TONS of spliffs, mostly while I was working at one of my many crappy job's.

...I quit tobacco a while ago, but sometimes I do cheat...

Haha, I smoked Bali for years up until a few weeks ago..then found Peter Stokkeby's Danish Blend #91. I always threw the Bali papers away - you really gotta try Clubs (no glue) You will thank me next time you lapse ;)

Cheers,

Latest posts

Back