GM Multi Strain Photo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Super excited about this Tangie plant. She’s getting really close but I don’t see many ambers yet so I’m happy to just look at her for a little while longer. Shes turned into a pretty girl though.

IMG_20240509_191655553~2.jpg
IMG_20240509_191838058~2.jpg
IMG_20240509_191626292.jpg
IMG_20240509_191941454.jpg
IMG_20240509_191353495.jpg
IMG_20240509_191528753~2.jpg
IMG_20240509_191737252.jpg
IMG_20240509_191920451~2.jpg

My biggest disappointment in this grow has been the G13/Haze from Barneys. In veg she was fine. In early flower she looked to be on track. However, from mid to late flower she failed to swell. I mean this chic needs a few cheeseburgers. It's healthy but not going to produce much. I'll try some of her smoke but she'll probably end up in the butter bin.
IMG_20240510_190224552.jpg
IMG_20240510_190208757.jpg
IMG_20240510_190217121.jpg
IMG_20240510_190213526.jpg

Finally got the little tent open so I can dry in there instead of the bathroom. Temps are staying good and the humidity has been steady. Nice slow dry....small tent number in the lower half..top numbers are the big tent which is still in flower. It takes about 4-5days of hanging and then i popcorn it and throw it in paper grocery bags and fold over the top. Shake them once a day. 3-4days later usually ready for jars.
Screenshot_20240511-064742.png

That's the drying method I've always used. I'm curious about those who hang them for two weeks. Since I can control the environment in the tent, I may try a longer hang there. The paper bags have always worked well for me.

That's the drying method I've always used. I'm curious about those who hang them for two weeks. Since I can control the environment in the tent, I may try a longer hang there. The paper bags have always worked well for me.
It works well. Man I ruined some of them autos I did last year but since have found a way that works for a slow dry. Bathroom worked well and I'd use it again for overflow.

My concerns on using the 4x4 was that it exhausts into the 4x8. I was afraid if I brought up the humidity in the little tent I would raise the big ones as well. So far it only creeps up to 55% in the big tent where I still have flowering plants. I can live with that and just keep the air moving. Damn I need one more tent..lol

I don’t have a controlled space to dry in. My wife ‘dislikes’ the house smelling like weed so I have always dried in the basement which using my dehumidifier is around 50% RH. I can hang plants for around 2-3 days max before the buds feel really dry on the outside. I have always marveled at folks who hang plants for 10 days to 2 weeks. I would have crispy, uncured buds if I tried that, I too, like you an Oscar, use the paper bag method with all the buds ‘popcorned’. I currently have 3 jars slowly curing after having been hung for 2 days then in paper bags for a few days. Always good, smooth smoke that way. Never have I had moldy buds…

As of late, I have just been hanging them in the basement to dry, as well.
I am getting pretty good at judging dryness by feel, and jarring them when they are about the right humidity.
Just got done jarring one about 30 minutes ago, as a matter of fact.

As of late, I have just been hanging them in the basement to dry, as well.
I am getting pretty good at judging dryness by feel, and jarring them when they are about the right humidity.
Just got done jarring one about 30 minutes ago, as a matter of fact.
There is no substitute for experience. I used to polish lenses for systems that expose images on silicon wafers which is how they make semiconductor chips. I was jealous off the old timers who always seemed to ‘feel’ when their lens was finished. Took me several years to get the ‘feel’. Tolerances were incredibly tight(+/- 0.002” on thickness, 1/20th of a wavelength of light was considered subpar(about 30 nm) and no scratches, ‘sleeks’ or ‘digs’(small pitting in the surface). We would polish literally using our fingers and cerium oxide to ‘finish’ the lens, removing nanometers of glass. The engineers would bust our balls sometimes if a lens was holding up a system needed to ship but they were helpless to provide pointers.

There is no substitute for experience. I used to polish lenses for systems that expose images on silicon wafers which is how they make semiconductor chips. I was jealous off the old timers who always seemed to ‘feel’ when their lens was finished. Took me several years to get the ‘feel’. Tolerances were incredibly tight(+/- 0.002” on thickness, 1/20th of a wavelength of light was considered subpar(about 30 nm) and no scratches, ‘sleeks’ or ‘digs’(small pitting in the surface). We would polish literally using our fingers and cerium oxide to ‘finish’ the lens, removing nanometers of glass. The engineers would bust our balls sometimes if a lens was holding up a system needed to ship but they were helpless to provide pointers.
Ha that happened to me when I was a manager at a BK in the 80s. I was bagging an order for a 9 piece chicken tenders. I picked it up and it was light so I told the fry person to try again. He looked at me. I said count them go ahead. There were only 8. I knew it. That freaked a few teenyboppers out.

I don’t have a controlled space to dry in. My wife ‘dislikes’ the house smelling like weed so I have always dried in the basement which using my dehumidifier is around 50% RH. I can hang plants for around 2-3 days max before the buds feel really dry on the outside. I have always marveled at folks who hang plants for 10 days to 2 weeks. I would have crispy, uncured buds if I tried that, I too, like you an Oscar, use the paper bag method with all the buds ‘popcorned’. I currently have 3 jars slowly curing after having been hung for 2 days then in paper bags for a few days. Always good, smooth smoke that way. Never have I had moldy buds…
Drying is an important part of the endgame. To fast and ya get dust. To slow...is there a to slow..lol I turned some autos to dust. Not making that mistake again. The number for drying don't have to be exactly on. Mine bounced all over but eventually it gets the job done slowly.
This growing stuff is all about WAITING..lol

My clones for the next run are coming along. They be over a foot tall if I'd not bent them over. Tons of branches and vigorous growth. The serrated leaf is coming out now so they have started back into the veg stage. Should be able to get these under the big lamps soon.
IMG_20240512_101217581_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240512_101151963_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240512_101247563_HDR.jpg

I couldn't ask for more branching. These clones kick out tons of sites. This branch is roughly 6" and has 6 sites coming from it. Each new set of leaf has two sites. One moves on and the other makes a branch with two more. They are all like that. In a few weeks these should be some nice bushy girls.
IMG_20240512_111151920.jpg

IMG_20240512_112216480.jpg

I'm seeing the main is swelling up a bit from being bent over so far but by doing so the branching unfolds pretty well. I've already started to crush stems and make these girls spread out as far as they can go. I'll keep doing this for some time into flower.
IMG_20240512_110939698_HDR.jpg

A little quick dry of some Durban Poison that just happen to fall off when I was moving stuff around....10 min later and I'm pretty buzzed for a green bud from the microwave.
IMG_20240512_142643524_HDR.jpg

Makes me hope that clone I got from her roots. If not I do have one seed of her.

Latest posts

Back