First indoor grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ickysticky

Reaction score
The one farthest from the 5gal. bucket is a bag seed. The other 3 are white widow.
View attachment 137418

This is how I did an LST to see if this is the right way?? bag seed.
View attachment 137419

This is the whole setup right now. I still need a ocsillating fan and is next on the list of things to get.
View attachment 137420

They are one week from seed except the bagseed is 2. The light is about 9.5" from the soil to the base of the light, I just lowered it until I could barely feel warmth over the seedling is this correct?? I started them with a 250 watt MH. The light in the pics is a 400 watt MH, I also have a HPS conversion bulb for the flower stage. I just hooked up the 400 watt today is that to much when the plant is this little?? I cant think of any other question right now. oh one more question. Can stored water go bad, LOL. I dont know. That is what is in the 5gal. bucket. four 2 liters of water.

Organic soil, bought from local green house.
4,2 gal pots
400 watt MH
light 18/6
3,WW's planted 10-21-09
1, B/S planted 10-14-09

watering every third day. WW's ph 6.5. bagseed is at 7.0, plant acts like it wants more. going to leave it though. Going to start watering every two days. One question about the roots coming through the drain. Is it ok for it to do that. Or does it mean that not watering enough?

Yo Ho ickysticky,

You asked so here is what I see;

1. The clay containers will cause the soil to dry very fast. When soil dries that quick, it has a tendency to pull in away from the edge of the container. Next you do a good watering, but way too much goes to the side never reaching all of the fine roots that are for absorbing water.

2. Raise up the light until you can get a garden thermometer in there to gauge the temp right at the level of the plant. This is far safer.

3. increase the size of each container to at minimum 3 gallons per plant. You have roots coming through the hole cause your plant sets out a lot of roots looking for moisture, and food.

4. NO, the water will not go bad, but I like to recommend that if you are going to store the water then use a small aquarium air pump, with one of those bubble stones on the end of the tube ya know ? keeps the water oxygenated, and will help get rid of chlorines, and cloromines, if you should be using tap water. A very good Ph tester is a must.

Remember that White/Widow is very sensitive to nutes.

You might consider turning that schedual to light on 24/7 during the veg cycle

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:cool:

What material for a container would be more suitable, or should I water less; more frequently, in these containers.

I already went to 24/0 on 11-14-09 Seems to be happier plants just from this alone. Raised the light 6" yesterday (11-17-09).

Can nutes change the ph level?

Also I quit storing the water, stopped the lst; just going to let it go and pinch the stem, as I have in the past.

Pics soon, I am going to do what I can to get those taken and posted tomorrow.

Help me read this, is this almost 6 or is it 5.5. I checked it last night and it was 6 touching the number six so I called it 6.5. I also wigged out when I saw this, so I went ahead and had my tap water checked. It comes out at 5.5 (pointing right at the five). I went to the local grocery store and bought some of the water they have there. I obvisiouly am going to check that to make sure it atleast has a neutral ph.

View attachment 140110

View attachment 140111

If this meter is right which I have no reason to believe it not to be, will the leaves start to pick back up
View attachment 140112

I just hope that I caught this in time. I added a little lime today, and saturday I will start to water with what i got from the store today (reverse osmosis) hopefully its ph will be at seven. Then I should not have to check it so frequently. the one to the right is the bag seed and the others are the white widow.

Two things I have learned, a ph probe gives more accurate readings has the soil dries. I was checking them after a good watering, I need to check it before watering. Secondly, I have also found the more I mess with them...well lets just say I leave them alone now. I have not watered since saturday. So far things are looking up:rolleyes:. So as of now I have ph reading ranging from 6.2 to 7.0.
Topped on 11.23.09

ickysticky said:
Two things I have learned, a ph probe gives more accurate readings as the soil dries.
Do it at the same time every day as well. pH drops when lights go off.
Good luck, I'll keep a look out for how it's going :D

Callawave said:
Do it at the same time every day as well. pH drops when lights go off.
Good luck, I'll keep a look out for how it's going :D

Thank you I did not know this.

Those type of pH meters are worthless--well worse than worthless, because many people trust the readouts, which are never correct. You need a digital pH meter.

ok so out of 3 ww, 1 went male on me. I have a b/s in there also, will be watch very closely for hermy characteristics. been in flower for about 2 weeks and the females showed first. I have one of the ww in happy frog 5 gal buckets, so i get a side by side of happy frog and some green house organic soil. everything is happy, and got even happier when i started not using my well (filtered water from the local groc) water in the mix. i deleted my previous pixs and probably wont put any more up. paranioa kills the fun, right. using 1/2 nutes everyother feeding so far. also, plan on molasses the next no nute watering. can molasses be over done? and if any one keeps an eye on the c99 at joey weed let me know when it comes in, i'll be watching for it too. that is on the to do list.

over the past couple of days I have been noticing the 5gal ww is stretching more than the 2gal ww. Is this due to being root bound or jsut a pheno trait. been in 12/12 for 2 weeks now

Latest posts

Back