What to Add to New & used Potting Soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyinghigh

Grow Pretty Flowers
Reaction score
I have gone down and bought 1 bag of Potting soil and a bag Perlite and going to add some used Soil.
So what else would be Good to add to this soil mix.? How Much too.!

I had a list of stuff but it in the Lost & Found Place..:eek:

i add..1cup worm cast to 3 gallons soil..and grushed eggshels..and Now i started adding Bee Pollen..1 TBL per gallon soil..I would say to try and stay ORGANIC..good luck KEEP M GREEN

what are egg shells for? i mea whats the benfits of this?

4u2sm0ke said:
i add..1cup worm cast to 3 gallons soil..and grushed eggshels..and Now i started adding Bee Pollen..1 TBL per gallon soil..I would say to try and stay ORGANIC..good luck KEEP M GREEN

Eggs shells I have and warm casting & bee pollen I don't !
I didn't see any worm casting at Homedepot and never heard of Bee Pollen being sold. can U buy these 2 at Homedepot ?

Hopefully not over 20 bucks.

Why would you add USED potting soil, if you have new soil? Add some lime to the mix. You can look at my signature for my soil mix which works good for me.

TheEnhancementSmoker said:
Why would you add USED potting soil, if you have new soil? Add some lime to the mix. You can look at my signature for my soil mix which works good for me.

I didn't want to throw the used stuff out intil I am ready and that be spring and don't see the harm in reusing the stuff if I can mix Helpful stuff into it..
Besides I had to hear the O'lady alittle after I bought it :hubba: Xmas Xmas Xmas just goooooooooo Awaaay..

I never use old soil always better to start fresh id say then theres no chance of contamination by the old soil like if you had a salt build up in the old soil why put that in your new stuff?

annarko said:
I never use old soil always better to start fresh id say then theres no chance of contamination by the old soil like if you had a salt build up in the old soil why put that in your new stuff?

Why go through this ? Is because of Xmas !! Which I am Starting to HATE...Which I be Broke Broke and Still Broke for the next few months.

I have 12 little ones that getting ready to Pop up in a egg crate and wanted to be ready when I need to be..;)

Well i understand the $$$ aspect... thats why im flowering under a MH and not my HPS... my bulb is broken and i dont have the scratch to replace it for a while lol

annarko said:
Well i understand the $$$ aspect... thats why im flowering under a MH and not my HPS... my bulb is broken and i dont have the scratch to replace it for a while lol

Ouch wish I could pass one off to you..;)
Money can be tight and some times have to spend at a spare moment or else..:hubba: wife spends it.

Got any CFL's? if so throw some of those in the room to help with Flowering.. !!

That why I am Growing for Myself so I can save Money on Buying from the streets and Have Way Better Smoke then the Crap that comes from Mexico and to Buy that Chronic Crap isn't in My Budget and I can see Paying 60 for a 1/8 of some Tasting Bud and the High isn't that Gooood.

Mexican weed is alot better then some of that Chronic.!

TheEnhancementSmoker said:
You can look at my signature for my soil mix which works good for me.

Is that 1 cup of Lime Juice or dry Lime flakes. ?

you know what i might have a couple cfls layin around ill have to hookem up if i can find them

annarko said:

What's the wattage? There's a 400w on cheaphydroponics .com for $25, and a 600w for $52

wow thats cheap... ill have to check that out... i need a 375 hps conversion bulb so itll work on my MH ballast thanks for the info on that web site

hey guys just a quick question. how much of the white hairs should turn reddish brown before i break it down. just curious on everyones take.

wugoya said:
hey guys just a quick question. how much of the white hairs should turn reddish brown before i break it down. just curious on everyones take.

..Pistil (hairs) color has little to do with maturity or harvest time...
Go to our "Harvesting/curing" section, and 'read-up' ..;)

Did a search on limestone and found that my landload had about 7 of those Pots that gotton broken and he had tossed them about amonth.
Oh well, Grandnite is small and will help with drianage too enless Limestone is better..

Latest posts

Back