Ultra Sonic Cleaning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puffin Afatty

Reaction score
OK, so I see someone on here talking about using an ultrasonic cleaner to clean his smoking pipes. So I find one, buy it and am ready to try it. I put my pipe in, 1 at a time, for about 3 minutes each and wow, what a difference. I dont remember who's idea this was but THANKS!!!:D

Puffin Afatty said:
OK, so I see someone on here talking about using an ultrasonic cleaner to clean his smoking pipes. So I find one, buy it and am ready to try it. I put my pipe in, 1 at a time, for about 3 minutes each and wow, what a difference. I dont remember who's idea this was but THANKS!!!:D

Have you got a link to the one you bought?

Can you tell us the make and model of yours? Then I can find it on the net. I'd rather use one that has been tried and proven like yours.

Here's the thread.

My cleaner isn't the best. It is a knock off from china. Even the name is close to a medical company in the states. Its cheap and people in china need a job too. It has a single transducer, probably under 50w, and a large tank. It does take multiple times for some of my pieces, but the cavity in the pipes are different. It does what it needs to do. I realize I will burn this thing up quickly because it it not well made, but it was cheap. Just let the electronics cool before next cycle. This model won't take the abuse of use like a good medical grade with three tranducers in the same tank.

Oh yeah, 91% iso eats away at the clear plastic lens. Over night it got all stickey and melted from the vapors of iso. I have to use a new cover, beware of the fumes if running and no cover in place. It didn't attack the rest of the plastic it was made of.

mine is a Kendai Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner CD4820. 160 watt has a heater, stainless steel tank (10.4x6.4x3.1)

Puffin Afatty said:
mine is a Kendai Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner CD4820. 160 watt has a heater, stainless steel tank (10.4x6.4x3.1)

I tried 10 times to find it. No luck.

I give.

Puffin Afatty said:

I'm glad you like it. Did you melt the lid?

hmm weird, i like the 99% and sea salt. always does me justice, but i like the no hands approach. I enjoy cleaning my water-pipe then taking its virginity again every time she's clean. Its like putting on dry socks after being in the snow all day with wet ones

Latest posts

Back