The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screenshot_20240923-191829.png
Screenshot_20240923-191858.png

It holds a joint. Allows you to smoke the whole joint.
We called 'em toke stones. When it got really short, you kept your tongue up 'cause the cherry really burned when it landed on your uvula.

My luck the donor of the liver would be a deer with a drinking problem.😱
Sour mash. Deer liver is ok. It needs to soak in buttermilk with a tablespoon of vinegar added. For about an hr. To pull some of the iron taste out. But a yearling deer is as good as calf liver. Lamb is best of the three.

Never liked liver. 🤮
Maybe an acquired taste, as I do like calf's liver smothered in onions, as well as chicken liver pate on saltine crackers. Both go really well with a robust red wine, though I haven't had wine for a couple of decades.

For me, the trick with the calf's liver is to cook it well done with copious quantity of caramelized onions and slice it thin.

Morning old farts

Smoking stones, had my share of them. Would burn down to the stone then pocket it till later then finish it up usually in school. Be ready for another after school. After I went into the service I stayed away from things like that, didn't want to get busted. Still did twice. Both times for weed, so the send me to alcohol rehab. Wonderful military thinking.

Maybe an acquired taste, as I do like calf's liver smothered in onions, as well as chicken liver pate on saltine crackers. Both go really well with a robust red wine, though I haven't had wine for a couple of decades.

For me, the trick with the calf's liver is to cook it well done with copious quantity of caramelized onions and slice it thin.
Calf liver tastes better if the flower is highly seasoned with Lowery’s Season salt. Its the only way I will eat it

Hey ya'll...just another hot, 92F Fall day...lol The grass is dying, but may have a huge amount of rain coming, hopefully not...too much too fast, ain't gonna work. I'm about ready to wind down my garden stuff, tomatoes, peppers...I got a big pot with two sweet potato plants in it, I'm about to harvest...if there is anything to harvest. I tried growing them last year, had too many in the pot..got a couple pounds of small ones.
I let my vegetable garden go to nature with the drought this year. I still have a ton of tomatoes and peppers out there. I think I got 12 ears of corn and I picked green beans once. It was too much work with being allowed to have a Marijuana garden too. If we had some rain would have made things easier.

Calf liver tastes better if the flower is highly seasoned with Lowery’s Season salt. Its the only way I will eat it
I love veal, but ain't got no taste buds for any liver. When my brothers and I were growing up mom would make liver and onions in a gravy, brother just below I and I would fight over the bottle of catchup to drown that stuff in.

Latest posts

Back