Pollinate a fem'd strain with a normal strain?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeNtAlPaTiEnT

Reaction score
Ok, I've looked around and can't find any solid information on this.

I have a male who's developing sacks and I've also got a feminised strain that's a couple weeks into flower.

Would any problems arise in the seeds that are produced? Do I stand a chance at making viable seeds for the future?

Thanks and happy growing!

I'm sure i remember reading a post by Mutt where they did a break down of the differing X Y chromozone combinations, maybe he's your man.

I wouldn't even like to guess lol :p

i believe what would happen is that you would have a higher female ratio to male ratio after seeding.

One look at that and i can see i'm too stoned for reading that right now lol.

Nice one Hick :cool: i shall peruse it at a more sensible time ( i should be in bed :p )

I'm pretty sure the resulting seeds will be perfectly normal with a 50-50 sex distribution. The feminised seed is XX and the normal male pollen is XY. No problem.

I was about to ask about the same question. I wanted to know if a femmed strain would be more likely to produce hermi offspring. I figure that if the breeder went through a decent selective process to find a female, then I feel I should be ok if I minimize stress.

I have a bunch of seeds from my last grow that were a mistake. I forgot to turn off the fan after I put a pollinated female back in the grow room. I'm still kinda scared that I'll get to the end and have a bunch of hermi's.

Latest posts

Back