Plant sudden collspse?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zem

Reaction score
what can make a plant collapse suddenly? I have 12 other plants that are ok only then a plant just collapses and I have a flood and drain system in hot weather. It is not bud rot. could it be the heat? The plant sort of almost dies and drops most of its leaves as if she is downsizing her expectations. In the pic you can see the first plant just drooping today but the one behind it did the same a while back and you can see the result. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20240911_151829.jpg
    20240911_151829.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
what can make a plant collapse suddenly? I have 12 other plants that are ok only then a plant just collapses and I have a flood and drain system in hot weather. It is not bud rot. could it be the heat? The plant sort of almost dies and drops most of its leaves as if she is downsizing her expectations. In the pic you can see the first plant just drooping today but the one behind it did the same a while back and you can see the result. Any ideas?
Are you using nutrients

If it's not effecting them all so at least ya got it narrowed down to one.

Damned if it don't look like it's over or underwatered. Heat would curl the leaf and you'd see it through the whole grow. These are just wilted and yellowing.

Is your water delivery method off for that plant? I can't really see anything else.

It could be that it drowns in hot water due toblong flood cycle and the roots sort of boil. However that plant is the most shaded. It happened before and it sucks. It looks like the bud growth cannot be supported by the root size so it collapses at that same period at peak bud bulking

It is flooded 4 times during the day in 50 litre pots. If it was not sufficient they should bounce back once you water which is not the case. Its like the roots are not uptaking water anymore

It is flooded 4 times during the day in 50 litre pots. If it was not sufficient they should bounce back once you water which is not the case. Its like the roots are not uptaking water anymore
Idk then.
It's definitely showing signs of being dry for some reason

Are you hand watering or automated?

Idk then.
It's definitely showing signs of being dry for some reason

Are you hand watering or automated?
It is flooded ebb and flow style. The water is reaching the roots. If the roots are dead then they cannot sustain such a big plant. It could be that i am flooding very high that i rotted the crown of the plant. It happens. I will check that later when its completely dead. Meanwhile im trying to ripen the buds on it as much as possible.

I had an outdoor plant do that once. Appeared wilted and dry. I watered it and it seemed to rebound only to die off a day later. It was planted on an area where I'd been dumping compost and fill, so I'm guessing the roots hit an air gap or something nasty to kill it. Never did understand it and it was a favorite bubblegum plant so the loss hurt.
Good luck.

She is dead it is like the roots were not there anymore. The plants can be individually separated from the system. I think that the roots dry to the point of no return when it is very hot and the plant is growing buds at their peak because it happens at the same time period in flowering. I allow them to dry between 4 30 pm till 5 30 am. Some days were extremely hot and the res level was down because it was not topped timely maybe they dried too much and could not come back anymore.

Latest posts

Back