Peroxide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brozz

Reaction score
Can i use diluted peroxide on my plant that has some moldy buds. Seems only the top uppermost buds are affected? Probably means they are all infected?

Yes, and not necessarily. Peroxide won't hurt (I use it every other day in hydro), and you can have PM on the top buds and not on the lowers. Unchecked, it can and usually does spread.

Yes, and not necessarily. Peroxide won't hurt (I use it every other day in hydro), and you can have PM on the top buds and not on the lowers. Unchecked, it can and usually does spread.
The reason i asked is she's ready to be pulled and hung but i noticed the top buds had brown spots and mold - looked pretty cool under my microscope to be honest. So what i did was I cut off those buds ( just the uppermost part of the bud ) and trimmed them up. The rest of the plant looks normal, green/purple and healthy but again who knows until it's trimmed. Can i use the solution on plants that are ready to be dried? If i do what percentage of peroxide? What about the ones I already trimmed? Spray then and later on wash under faucet?

Mold is different than powdery mildew. Mold will spread rapidly, but you can just cut it out. Just be sure to use a good margin around the molded area when you cut it out, you don't want to ingest it. Also, you can spread it with scissors or your hands so be sure to clean everything after contact with mold so you don't let it continue spreading.
I'm chopping outdoors and changed the order I'm taking them when I spied a little mold on oa plant I had planned to take later. Mold needs removed asap, pm can be treated as stated above. Good luck!

Its not powdery mildew. I lost a GDP to mold and this one must have been infected from the first. I'm gonna spray the buds i chopped and rinse after, the rest of the plant i will pull this weekend and let her dry, I guess if i see any mold when trimming i'll do the same routine.

Latest posts

Back