..losing seedlings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captkirk

Reaction score
..I have to 'bust' seeds indoors 'cause I live in New Orleans (zone9-10) and it is so freakin' hot when I try and transition to outside to get light they are baked..other than buying lights and staying indoors what do I do??? I keep killing my sprouts..it's a 100 deg plus outside and 72 inside...HELP!!!!

No seedlings in the direct sun.
Shade only for a few weeks till they get stronger.
Enen when ya start them indoors and plan on putting them out I place them in shade for a few days to see how they react.

In hot climates ya can use shade cloth once the plant is established. I used that with a greenhouse grow in Alabama. I understand the heat. It's tough down there but they will grow in it.

..I have to 'bust' seeds indoors 'cause I live in New Orleans (zone9-10) and it is so freakin' hot when I try and transition to outside to get light they are baked..other than buying lights and staying indoors what do I do??? I keep killing my sprouts..it's a 100 deg plus outside and 72 inside...HELP!!!!
I have the same problem. I am in the SW and it’s a hot desert here. Veg them at least 3-4 weeks before putting them outside. Put them in a shaded area to start and move them to fill sun after a week or so.

Latest posts

Back