Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got notice that my Vitamix, which I sent for repairs, is due back today. Exceptional service and turnaround by Vitamix on a remanufactured unit that was out of warranty.

They fixed it for free anyway, with my only expense shipping it to them.
Gotta love companies who stand by their products. Most everything is disposable these days. Use to be a repair shop for everything.

Gotta love companies who stand by their products. Most everything is disposable these days. Use to be a repair shop for everything.
Yeah, it used to be that appliances lasted longer and were worth repairing.

There was a Kitchen Aid dishwasher in this house when we moved in and we replaced it with a Whirlpool 30 years later, which lasted 4 years before a pump failed and the cost of a new pump installed was almost as much as the original cost of the unit.

We replaced that Whirlpool with another Kitchen Aid and 3 years later have no issues, so we will see.

Yeah, it used to be that appliances lasted longer and were worth repairing.

There was a Kitchen Aid dishwasher in this house when we moved in and we replaced it with a Whirlpool 30 years later, which lasted 4 years before a pump failed and the cost of a new pump installed was almost as much as the original cost of the unit.

We replaced that Whirlpool with another Kitchen Aid and 3 years later have no issues, so we will see.
Things used to be made to repaired. Nowadays if it can be repaired it usually costs more than buying a new one.

Folks around my home are already losing power and the winds only 10-15 mph. Just starting to hit Tallahassee and central ga already losing power.
Yarddog is signing off. Till I wake and and start the generator 😂.

Latest posts

Back