GrowinGreen's Aurora Indica and AK48 CFL Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrowinGreen

♥ ςticky icky
Reaction score
Hello!

Well I decided to have a little fun with a couple clones instead of getting rid of them. There is this strange square cutout in my room that will work well for a little grow room. This grow will start at 12/12 from the beginning. The Aurora Indica(B) is on the left side and the AK48 is on the right side.

So today will be considered the 1st day of flower.

Strains:
1 Aurora Indica(B) clone and 1 AK48 clone

Area:
2 ft x 1.5 ft , 3 square ft

Lighting:

8 Soft White 2700K, 26 Watt, 1700 Lumen CFL bulbs
Total lumens = 13,600 lumens / 3 square ft = 4533 lumens / square ft

Nutrients/Environment:
3 Part Flora Series and KoolBloom
Each clone is in a 14 L "bucket" filled with hydroton medium
Temperature is staying around 75 degrees and RH is around 30 or lower

Pictures:
The 2nd picture is of the Aurora Indica(B) and the 3rd picture is of the AK48.

I really don't know what to expect from this grow. I just hope they survive the transplant. I will be using LST and other techniques to keep these plants under control. Also, please check my other grow journal to see how the mothers of these clones are doing in flower- if interested. I will try to update periodically.

Please pull up a seat!

:bong1::guitar::bongin:

---

zzAK 010.jpg

zzAK 008.jpg

zzAK 009.jpg

Hey everyone thanks for stopping by. Well they are both still alive today so that is a good thing. But I have a quick question:

I've never used these CFLs before. They are brand new. Do they put off a bad smell when you first start using them? It almost smells toxic? I'm assuming it will go away as they are used? Could be because I have 6 of them in a small area :laugh:

GrowinGreen said:
Hey everyone thanks for stopping by. Well they are both still alive today so that is a good thing. But I have a quick question:

I've never used these CFLs before. They are brand new. Do they put off a bad smell when you first start using them? It almost smells toxic? I'm assuming it will go away as they are used? Could be because I have 6 of them in a small area :laugh:

I can't help you because I only use those in my house lighting fixtures so I have never been in a tight space with six burning:D . I imagine if they hvae any smell to them you would notice it then.

GrowinGreen said:

:confused: im not sure ,,,i use 9 in a very small mdf cupboard and never noticed a toxic smell ,,,,
what material is vegging area in ...wood ,plastic ,??

UKgirl420 said:
:confused: im not sure ,,,i use 9 in a very small mdf cupboard and never noticed a toxic smell ,,,,
what material is vegging area in ...wood ,plastic ,??

The only materials in the grow area are the 2 plastic buckets, black plastic film on the bottom, and the 6 lights

So I'm pretty sure it was something on the lights because it doesn't smell as strong today, but it is still there. Hopefully the smell will be gone in a few days.

Dont know how I missed this grow.
Got your other bookmarked. Ill bm this one too.
Looks great.
How much headroom do you have to let them go?

well doesnt this look fun
nice little setup, i bet theyll do
real well in there. Adding more cfls
couldnt hurt though. :ciao:

SPEARCHUCKER said:
Dont know how I missed this grow.
Got your other bookmarked. Ill bm this one too.
Looks great.
How much headroom do you have to let them go?
hey man- thanks for taking a look. Not a lot of headroom- from the hydroton there is 2 ft to work with. The AI on the left is 15" now and the AK48 on the right is 14". The AK has already started budding, but nothing on the AI yet. I just hope the AI stops growing in height soon, I think the AK is done. I broke my camera so I will have to borrow one to get some pics

thedonofchronic said:
well doesnt this look fun
nice little setup, i bet theyll do
real well in there. Adding more cfls
couldnt hurt though. :ciao:
hey don- yeah it should be interesting haha not real sure what to expect. I'd like to add more lights, but they put out more heat than you would think. There is about 4500 lumens/sq ft so it should be alright.

Hamster Lewis said:
Very nice clean setup GG....looking good...
Thanks for stoppin' by HL

So it is day 16 of flower, and some changes have taken place.

Today I removed the AI(B) that was on the left side because it was taking to long to start budding and it was already getting too tall for the little area. I think overall it will be better with 1 plant. I have another AI(B) clone flowering in my closet anyway.

This AK48 pheno I have is just bushy as hell and barely stretches at all in flower. It starts budding real quick too and is very resinous- has a very sweet cherry smell to it.

Sorry about the horrible pictures- my camera broke and the one I am using now has a busted LCD screen so I can't change any of the settings. Damn cameras.

---

Bud 007.jpg

Bud 009.jpg

Bud 001.jpg

Well I finally received my new camera, so I figured it was time for an update

The AK48 has been flowering under the CFLs for 29 days now. It has a very sweet, sugary cherry smell to it and is very resinous. It has definitely bulked up since the previous pictures.

Overall, I'm happy with the CFLs but the HPS really can't be beat.

---

ZZ 020.jpg

ZZ 026.jpg

ZZ 028.jpg

Latest posts

Back