Fruit room into grow room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickarilla

Reaction score
I have a fruit room/celler in my garage. The Dimensions. Are 7×7.5ft. When the garage is super hot it's nice and cool in there. Do you recommend putting a grow tent in there or just setting the room up to grow?

My other question is for Ventilation. Should I just do co2? The only options that I can think of are the co2, air from outside or from the garage. The problem with outside air is that it's summer and will be super hot.

I have added pics of the room

Attachments

• 20240621_135149.jpg
    20240621_135149.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240621_135154.jpg
    20240621_135154.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240621_135202.jpg
    20240621_135202.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
I have a fruit room/celler in my garage. The Dimensions. Are 7×7.5ft. When the garage is super hot it's nice and cool in there. Do you recommend putting a grow tent in there or just setting the room up to grow?

My other question is for Ventilation. Should I just do co2? The only options that I can think of are the co2, air from outside or from the garage. The problem with outside air is that it's summer and will be super hot.

Yes I know nothing of tents. I have a grow room but it a long closet I can fit 24 babies or 12 full size girls. My closet still gets hot with Ac. My outside plants survive in +100 almost everyday. Hope that helps you some

just set up as a grow room. no reason for a tent in that room in my opinion.

Definitely hang panda film, id be worried that wood would wick up any and all moisture and mold

Last edited:
I like my tents but...if I had the space I'd rather have a solid box or room.
I used to build 4x8 cabinets with cheap plywood and 2x2s. Paint the walls flat white n roll. You could easily convert that space into two flower chambers and a veg area to feed them.
It'll be fun to see what you come up with. Plenty of info out there to help u setup and maintain a good growing environment. Good luck.

what ya mean?
Haha yesterday I told them to put up panda film then you said something about white paint and idk why the hell ot went over my head yesterday lol.

Those walls look like nothing more than a huge moisture trap, so I'd paint them with waterproof paint to keep it from absorbing the moisture, we all know how humid a grow room can get sometimes lol.
Especially if the power goes out and you don't have a generator.

Menard's has a paint made for flat roofs that's super reflective as far as light goes. I used it in my grow room. Worked great.
I use CO2 in my room along with four fans; one in each corner, angled slightly toward the next fan in line. The effect is a tornadic circulation.

Oooh. Thanks for the idea @greenmobster440

@rickarilla
Get some waterproof white paint instead of the panda film I previously mentioned.
The paint will seal the wood and keep it from absorbing all the moisture.
Make sure it's flat or Satin white. Gloss white can cause hot spots.

Make sure it's flat or Satin white. Gloss white can cause hot spots.
Same with mylar blankets. The creases in the material cause the same hot spots from what I've read.

A buddy of mine took light readings of a reflection off hammered aluminum and got less ppfd than what a CFL puts off so he considered it nothing and went over it with a space craft mural 😂

TPO is pretty expensive. I have it on several of my properties roofs. Great stuff but not cheap.
But it would work if you had some lying around.
Flat White Paint is cheap and easy to apply is the only reason I suggested it.

Last edited:
Another thing is you can add this too your white paint and it helps detour bugs in your grow room View attachment 358187
Nice Ty I will be painting my grow room once the plants are finished. Then an air out time of a couple weeks. I will then be starting the next batch of Autos to go outside when I start harvesting in end of Aug thru Mid Sept. i can keep plants outside thru mid December and as late at the 21 st.

Latest posts

Back