Boveda Packs 58% or 62%

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerrob

Reaction score
Getting ready to harvest in a few weeks and need to purchase my new Boveda packs. I have always used 62% humidity packs to date. However I have seen a lot of people using 58% lately. Is there really a lot of difference in the two or is it just a matter of preference? (Yeah I know there is a difference of 4%). Just trying to cut off the smart asses like myself. 🤣. Any help appreciated.

I used the 58% ones when I used them. Did for quite a while. I have stopped using them. I even bought the stainless steel bowl that they fit in the lid. I am actually happier with my Grove Bags. To each his own and I am sure your atmospheric conditions are slightly different then mine. I say they cut into your terps Slightly - (Taste and smell) - Some people argue that it is more than slightly - I guess it depends on how fast you go through weed. - - Just my 2 cents worth only... And opinions are like them one things..

I would also add that I recently bought some new grove bags and I am not as happy with them as I am the original ones... They just seem thinner.. - Figures, everybody is always trying to cut corners and make stuff cheaper. They should have just left them alone...

Attachments

• Bovida.jpeg
    Bovida.jpeg
    800.8 KB · Views: 0
I would also add that I recently bought some new grove bags and I am not as happy with them as I am the original ones... They just seem thinner.. - Figures, everybody is always trying to cut corners and make stuff cheaper. They should have just left them alone...
Did you buy grove bags or a cheaper knock off? Mine are the same as the first time. I bought them 3 times already. One pound those were too big and hard to store. The 1/2 pounds are perfect. Then I decided to but the one ounce. For gifting weed. They don’t bring them back they don't get more weed. They were warned.

Getting ready to harvest in a few weeks and need to purchase my new Boveda packs. I have always used 62% humidity packs to date. However I have seen a lot of people using 58% lately. Is there really a lot of difference in the two or is it just a matter of preference? (Yeah I know there is a difference of 4%). Just trying to cut off the smart asses like myself. 🤣. Any help appreciated.

I put mine in grove bags until they finish a 3 month cure then I put what I am going to keep out for myself in ounce grove bags then vacuum seal the rest

The 2 at the top are the newer ones. Outside of the bags are shiny and not a satin type finish like the first round I purchased. Material is def thinner and the zip is not the same. Wouldn't be the first time someone tried to knock off or copycat products with in the industry of our little hobby here. SO, to answer your question, @Jan Borrego I am not positive. They do all say grove bags but... They did come from a different head shop than the first ones. This shop is much newer and ran by a bunch of foreigners. Not That There Is Anything Wrong With That... Maybe someone is copycatting these grove bags. I honestly don't know but now you got me wondering. Hmmm. There used to be a place out there that would print baggies, logos and names of weed on the outside of the bags back when I played the buy, sell game years ago. Depending on how much you wanted to spend they would make baggies for you that looked or said about anything, so, IDK. Guess I will try a different supply shop. I hate ordering stuff online. Mrs. Monkey orders anything online. I am the type of person that if I can't touch it, generally I wont buy it. You can see, even the window on the outside is clear and not opaque. - - IDK.. Maybe someone is ripping off the grove bag company..

Attachments

• Bags.jpeg
    Bags.jpeg
    553.7 KB · Views: 0
I store in jars and prefer the 62% over the 58's. I like rolling doobies and imo the 58% packs leave the buds a little too dry and crumbly. If I was vaping, then the dryer herb would work better. Also, as you pull weed from jars to use, it will dry out some more, so having that little bit of moisture helps out.

I've never used Grove bags, but might try them out this fall. My concern is soft sided bags will tend to let more trichs shake loose during storage, but that's just a guess.

The 2 at the top are the newer ones. Outside of the bags are shiny and not a satin type finish like the first round I purchased. Material is def thinner and the zip is not the same. Wouldn't be the first time someone tried to knock off or copycat products with in the industry of our little hobby here. SO, to answer your question, @Jan Borrego I am not positive. They do all say grove bags but... They did come from a different head shop than the first ones. This shop is much newer and ran by a bunch of foreigners. Not That There Is Anything Wrong With That... Maybe someone is copycatting these grove bags. I honestly don't know but now you got me wondering. Hmmm. There used to be a place out there that would print baggies, logos and names of weed on the outside of the bags back when I played the buy, sell game years ago. Depending on how much you wanted to spend they would make baggies for you that looked or said about anything, so, IDK. Guess I will try a different supply shop. I hate ordering stuff online. Mrs. Monkey orders anything online. I am the type of person that if I can't touch it, generally I wont buy it. You can see, even the window on the outside is clear and not opaque. - - IDK.. Maybe someone is ripping off the grove bag company..
I buy mine on amazon they are a decent price.

There is a difference if you really check out that picture i posted though. How long ago was your last order AND are you newest ones shiny or satin and are the windows clear or opaque ?? Thanks Jan. @Jan Borrego

All mine are like the bottom bag not the top 2I will check my last order and let you know.

There is a difference if you really check out that picture i posted though. How long ago was your last order AND are you newest ones shiny or satin and are the windows clear or opaque ?? Thanks Jan. @Jan Borrego
Bought them sept 2023 and March 2024 both ate the same quality but look like the 3 option at the bottom. Matte finish and opaque window.

Latest posts

Back