Ppm/ec

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilv911

Reaction score
I'm new on this , got a calibrated tds meter and here we go.

Had some issues with excess of cal, my run off with phed water no food was 1700-2200. Flushed and then half dose nutes without cal-mag, did that 2 times. Ppm dropped to 1100-900

3 days ago I fed my girls, water ppm 1200, runoff 1200. Working atm but my shift is over in 6 hours and I go home to water my girls with phed water. My water ppm is 150, what am I supposed to see in my runoff today ?

Runoff ph all these weeks is 6-6,3 no problems with that

Week 7 flowering
Soil+30% perlite
Advanced nuts food

PH'd water at 1700 ppm and no nutes? If I run my cold a couple minutes I usually measure 300 ppm. About 1-3 ppm if run it through RO machine.

I'm not that high with nutes!

Bubba

PH'd water at 1700 ppm and no nutes? If I run my cold a couple minutes I usually measure 300 ppm. About 1-3 ppm if run it through RO machine.

I'm not that high with nutes!

Bubba
Yea used to get dark leaves on week 5 of flower on every grow so I decided to cut N early on this one but again dark green leaves . Found out that my cal-mag 4-0-0 was 1ml per litre of water, I was giving 2.
11 of my girls got just some tip burn but the last one got stunned

Do you think meter is off? Try it in some plain distilled water. see what it measures there.

Bubba

Do you think meter is off? Try it in some plain distilled water. see what it measures there.

Bubba
Just tried on distilled water, 28ppm.

Fed today with just phed water.

Last feed on 1200 ppm runoff 1200-1300 ph 6.3. Today's water 150 ppm runoff 1000 on few pots down to 700 to others. 6.2ph is it possible for plants to eat that low ? Week 7 in flower. I think I will just drop my base fert to 50% and give the rest (p-k boosters) on maximum , that will decrease ppm down to 1000.

6.2 is about the sweet spot
1690737309927.png

The instructions on the label always favor you over feeding your plants so they can sell you more nutrients. I am quite convinced that you can use half strength nutrients, but keeping them in the proper ratio and have a successful garden without any danger of under or over feeding… I think I would try to find another Cal mag solution that isn’t quite as high in nitrogen

The instructions on the label always favor you over feeding your plants so they can sell you more nutrients. I am quite convinced that you can use half strength nutrients, but keeping them in the proper ratio and have a successful garden without any danger of under or over feeding… I think I would try to find another Cal mag solution that isn’t quite as high in nitrogen
I will change cal mag solution for sure and from now on ec meter will be my right hand

What soil are you using? I thought my tap water was high ppm at 300. I have never heard of tap water measuring that high. What does just your plain tap water out of the faucet measure?

Bubba

What soil are you using? I thought my tap water was high ppm at 300. I have never heard of tap water measuring that high. What does just your plain tap water out of the faucet measure?

Bubba
Using biobizz lightmix with 10% thrips that I have to kill on every grow. Plain tap water 150ppm . If my pots are not 100% rooted that means I've got nutr at the bottom of my pot that never getting eaten and that's why I get those numbers. Waiting for this run to finish so I can check out roots, pot size and veg time correlation

Using biobizz lightmix with 10% thrips that I have to kill on every grow. Plain tap water 150ppm . If my pots are not 100% rooted that means I've got nutr at the bottom of my pot that never getting eaten and that's why I get those numbers. Waiting for this run to finish so I can check out roots, pot size and veg time correlation
🤣

Thrips fly?
I've never seen one in person.

Bubba

Thanks for correcting me Bubba, had thrips early flower , still thinking of them 🤣 fungus gnats . Those fakers that you can catch with yellow glue traps
Oh yes they fly for sure. They are tiny. I can remember pressed bricks from Mexico and Columbia, you would find big honking grasshoppers in there. Dead....

Bubba

Latest posts

Back