My first plant(2)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Silver Bullet Special

Reaction score
I had deleted my other thread because my photo had geotagged for some reason and decided to take it down.

So heres my remake of it(I should have just taken down the picture but wasnt thinking lol)

I have two types of plants goin right now both are really unknown until I finish my grow room construction. I recieved a few seeds that are said to be a thai strain from a relative's friend that went to nam and has been growing it for years; and the other is said to be a blueberry strain.

My original plans were just to practice germingating them and having then just be outside but when I seen the growth almost completely stop and stretch was crazy I set up 4 of those 23W 1600 lumen bulbs till I get my T5 lights in going 24/7. They all broke surface about August 03. The first picture is the one of the "thai".

This morning when I woke up I had a nice suprise that the "thai" is a female:)! The blueberry is still unknown but doing nice and strong.

mails.jpg

mailss.jpg

hey SBS, heads up . . . if you indeed do have a thai and a blueberry, these would be very conducive to a hybrid cross having the most dynamic outcome . . . with the thai giving extreme sativa traits and the blueberry contributing the extreme indica traits . . . very interesting !! :joint:

Yes if this turns out to be thai-stik like my family member told me it was (which I believe because I met the guy that grows this stuff and its pretty killer) so I'll be keeping a clone around of this to cross and back cross and get a stock up of this:D . I'm going to be getting my T5 lights sometime next week hopefully and maybe my HPS light and a fan. I think this will turn into my grow journal for these even though I originally wasnt going to.

LOL yeah and big brother can find out where and what's goin on too >.<....Geotagging is where the android phones and iphones will tag on your global coordinates... latitude, longitude, and altitude to the photo data. It can be turned off, I will normally use another camera but it was dead at the moment and forgot to shut it off on my phone lol.

Well here is an update as of today! Roughly 37 days from breaking ground. The first pic is my "Blueberry" bagseed, the other two pics are of the same plant that is said to be a Thai, I'm not sure if it is since it's leaves are so fat.

Still don't know the sex of the Blueberry one but the Thai is definitely a girl.

blueberry.jpg

thai1.jpg

thai2.jpg

They look real nice -- good job. I have a "Blue Widow" seedling which is a Blueberry x White Widow. I hope it looks as nice as yours in a month. DinaFem says it's a 50/50 indica/sativa and is supposed to be real high in THC -- I'm excited.

Peace

Thanks! Yeah I seen the Blue Widow when I was looking for seeds to order it looked interesting but I decided to try it out next time. I'm really suprised that the plants are doing this good as they are under 4 of those 23W 1600 Lumen cfl bulbs until my light comes in the mail this week (T5 20k lumen fixture).

Good Luck on your Blue Widow grow as well hopefully it turns out as good as the description claims!

hey SBS :stoned: is there any chance you got your plants mixed up at birth ?? first pic looks more like a thai and the other looks more like a blueberry

Thanks easy! I'm also loving the smell she puts off even though it's not strong I accidentally broke a leaf off and man did that stem out off a smell.

Dan, You know, I've been wondering that since the leaves became more developed :confused: ... I guess thats what I get when I mark things by sticking a tooth pick in the dirt instead of writing labels on them lol :stoned: . I took a clipping off the "Blue Berry" one that is by no means the right length to be a clone but I thought I'd try it anyways. I may have to go visit my old friend that gifted me this "thai" seed and check his plants out and compare to see if I goofed up. He should know he's been growin it since he came back from nam.

Here is the sad excuse of my attempting to clone LOL so far it hasnt wilted yet. I took this clipping just to cut down on the height. I thought to myself "why just throw it away I'll just try to clone it" so I don't care if it doesnt make it. It's only about a 2-3inch clipping. The light was only on it to give me a better picture but the clone sits just to the side out of the strong light really.

clone.jpg

Well I just thought I would share with everyone my new lights I got in the mail today Only half of the fixture is lit up because a bulb was broken when I recieved it.

canopy2.jpg

hanging2.jpg

top2.jpg

seems like ive seen one of them hanging around over here, too . . . :cool2:

I'm very happy with this light and only half of the lights are on for it (broken bulb replacement is on it's way). The plants seems to love it too WAY better than those junk 23W 1600 lumen cfl's that werent even in the right spectrum. I'm glad I didnt buy two of them like my original plans were. I may add one later down the road though if I increase plant count.

Glad you are happy with your T5. I'll bet that you start to see a lot closer internodal spacing. I have a four bulb fixture in a 2 x 4 space and am a little underlit with that. Every so often I think about adding a 2 tube fixture to the other one, but I get such nice tight growth with what I have that I don't see a need to spend the extra money and electricity.

Yeah thanks for the link to them THG. Now I just need two more things (once the fertilizer ban is over in my area) to make the super soil mix for my future plants, get the HPS components and the smaller stuff like hygrometers, ph meter, and a timer. Lookin at about another $650 worth of stuff before I start those better genetics.

Well I'm happy to announce that FINALLY my biggest "Blueberry" (which is probably the Thai and I labeled wrong :stoned: ) showed her sex she was shy until I put her in the new light and shes about 8 weeks from breaking ground so it may have just been the age.

While I was taking pics, I thought I'd take pics of the "Thai" ( its got indica leaning leaves so I'm not exactly sure what I have anymore). I was wondering if anyone has had their plant have this abundance of preflowers before.

First picture is the first female preflower I've seen on this "blueberry" a little hard to see in the pic but I believe its what I'm lookin for. The others are that Indica "thai" plant that looks like shes begging to bud out.

I'm just going to refer to my plants as the Sativa and Indica instead of calling them what they arent; So I don't confuse people that don't exactly know what genetics would be for that strain.

BlueBerry Preflower 1.jpg

Thai preflower.jpg

Thai Preflower2.jpg

Are you doin 12/12 yet?

First pic is very unclear, tough call. You cant see a calyx or a distinct white fuzziness.

The pistils in the other two photos are odd because some of them are brown/orange already. That, i thought, only happened when the calyx gets fertilized or it starts to die/riPen. You or anyone know why thats happenin?

I noticed that too, no idea on that one sMACK there isnt a male around so there sholdnt be a pollination. I have to keep these in veg until I get my HPS and ventillation. Hopefully that hair I noticed on the first pic develops more to officilly confirm it.

Also how often do you guys feed your plants in soil. I've been feeding 1/4th strength gh3 part nutes about every other watering or every two waterings.

Latest posts

Back