Second Grow Godfather strain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have run numerous different brands of ballasts and find virtually no big difference between them. The electronic have some advantages over the magnetic, but I still like magnetic ballasts, too. I have run expensive bulbs and I have run cheap ones. I have several different hoods that I change out depending o n what size space I am in. I have been running HIDs since the late 90s and have purchased a lot in that amount of time. I have seen no difference between ballasts I have used--Lumatek, for example, was no better or no worse than a cheaper generic one. I truly see no reason whatsoever to buy your reflector one place, your ballast another, your bulbs another.

There's no reason to buy them in different places, that's just silly talk. But you don't need em all bundled up either, unless it's a good bundle.

I've been doing this for 3 years.. WHOOPTIE DING DING right? I have the 4 ballasts I mentioned (a couple I got 3 years ago) and I HAD that one cheap package I mentioned to you.....that ballast didn't fire after 48 hours. Case, point. Sure, I may have "had a lemon" but you will get fewer lemons with a good ballast. As for the hoods, who cares? Hoods a hoods a hood... they don't have components to really fail. Ballast and Bulb though, you'll never find me looking for the cheap route out EVER again. :aok:

I'm happy there's people like you, THG, who can run a poor product and get a phenomenal result. I seem to purchase the poor product, and get the expected results LOL.

:D

So many times, you get what you pay for. But some products, doesn't make a bit of difference. Sometimes it's hard to tell though when to skimp and when to splurge.

Thanks for all the input guys, as well very much appreciated, a more informed decision I will make ��

You could top it now if you want to have a split trunk. Or you could top it now, then wait for the 2 branches to get a couple nodes and then top them so that you get 4 main stems. You can keep doing this until you get 8 or 16 stems, depending on when the branches begin to alternate.

You could top it now if you want to have a split trunk. Or you could top it now, then wait for the 2 branches to get a couple nodes and then top them so that you get 4 main stems. You can keep doing this until you get 8 or 16 stems, depending on when the branches begin to alternate.

Thanks I topped the one i said I wanted to this morning. These babies are so happy, I just can't thank everyone enough you guys have really brought in the learning curve for me, just how much better and how much more comfortable I am with everything going into this grow, and only plan on getting better.

Cool :) There is a lot to learn about these amazing plants, but it is fun to learn when you have others around to help take the stress out of it. :)

Is it showing sex yet? I might be imagining it, but those kinda look like balls... Can we get a closeup mr demille?

You can pull off or cut off the dead yellow stuff on the bottom.

Looking good so far :aok:

No its not showing the sex yet. That is actually a missed top. WW did an interesting thing there. When a plant is topped, there should be a dead stub in the middle but if you miss the cut some, you will end up with a FIM rather than a top. With a FIM, you semi-cut the top and then the center growth will come back slower allowing the branches to shoot up to create multiple tops that will look like a candelabra.

Depending on how you want to do the plant structure, you can go back and prune out that center growth and allow the outer branching to grow up, or you can leave the center growth that will produce 2 more branches.

If you were growing in an older manner and in soil, I would say to leave the leaves that are yellowing off until they fall or get crispy so that the plant can utilize the available nutrients from those leaves, but I am realizing now that with well fed plants, there is no need to keep the ones down low.

No its not showing the sex yet. That is actually a missed top. WW did an interesting thing there. When a plant is topped, there should be a dead stub in the middle but if you miss the cut some, you will end up with a FIM rather than a top. With a FIM, you semi-cut the top and then the center growth will come back slower allowing the branches to shoot up to create multiple tops that will look like a candelabra.

Depending on how you want to do the plant structure, you can go back and prune out that center growth and allow the outer branching to grow up, or you can leave the center growth that will produce 2 more branches.

If you were growing in an older manner and in soil, I would say to leave the leaves that are yellowing off until they fall or get crispy so that the plant can utilize the available nutrients from those leaves, but I am realizing now that with well fed plants, there is no need to keep the ones down low.

ok so still not a bad thing. I can work with what happened. Thanks H.PUPPY

If you look at my journal i purposefully fimmed mine I was going to comment that it looked like a fim

Ok so this is my other obviously a sativa dom pheno. Its not even three weeks old and a little over a foot tall. So my urgent question is I want to top it where indicated in the first pic, that would be ok right .?? I'm trying to keep them around the same height and no matter what I've done it just wants to keep shooting up. Thanks for any replies in advance. �� ��

View attachment Phototastic-10_12_2015_abbb7aea-e0c5-475d-b5b1-a8ab2fdb8e10(1).jpg

View attachment WP_20151012_10_29_00_Pro.jpg

Latest posts

Back