clones that i don't really want to full on veg yet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldfogey8

Very grouchy and ornery today…
Reaction score
i have 4 healthy clones, 2 of buckeye purple and 2 of super buckeyes. i don't really want to full on veg them at this time. they are currently happily growing under a couple of 6500 kelvin cfls(23 watt i think). how long can i keep them in sort of slow growth/suspended animation? i am thinking i want to put them under my t5's in the winter here. has anyone tried just letting the clones hang out for a while? thinking of making them house plants for a bit although they kind of stink...

Low light, lite feedings and you should be ok. Get to big make them mothers and take more clones.

Cool. I like the look of the plants. If they smoke/vape/cook as good as they look, I will be one happy camper.

I am thinking that the low light is going to make them stretch--that seems to b e what happens to me. But low nutes and cooler temps seem to keep them smaller.

thanks, THG. they are growing pretty slowly right now. i have them in pretty small pots right now(about the size of a solo cup). neither of the strains stretched much at all when i flipped to flower so that may be working in my favor as well.

i may see how long i can keep them in a state up stasis and maybe veg one or two every 6 months...

If all else fails, then do like PC said and just clone them again. It won't hurt anything to do that.

I've a nl mother in a 1 litre pot that's my bonsai mother . It's like a tree and I'm sure if I transplanted it into bigger containers it would take off . So you could do that and just keep them as shrubs in your veg room.

i like that idea, sweet. kind of what hushpuppy and duck were saying but i have always wanted to bonsai a plant. never considered cannabis as a bonsai though.

how old is that plant? i actually have a couple of poinsettia plants that are over a decade old. they look tortured like your bonsai mother there...

I have a christmas cactus that is over 100 years old...handed down 3 generations, if you don't think that is pressure.LOL

It's a year and a half at least old fogey, I've made about 100 clones off it, look at post13 or 14 of my random pics thread in marijuana photograph sub forum. Low battery so can't open multiple windows to get you a link . and the big girl came from this little plant.

Mind you about 6 months ago it went into a 1 l pot from an 0.25 seedling pot that it was completely root bound and nearl killing itself but it's happy as a nurse og Larry now!!

Oh and old fogey , tortured is too mild a word for what this has been through!!

That is awesome Rose. I have a Christmas cactus that is at least 25 and my mom has one that her mother had that I remember from close to 50 years ago but a century is very cool.

And it sounds like the cannabis mother thing should be fun. Seeing how long you can keep an annual sounds like a challenge I'd enjoy.

Thanks for the info

i think bluer spectrum lighting keeps them squatter too. i veg with 10000 kelvin bulbs and my plants are always short and squat. that being said, i do not have a small 10000 kelvin bulb...

Latest posts

Back