Just Say No to Responsible Ohio initiative

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In case anyone is watching, the medical MJ bill just got rejected for the THIRD time. These morons can't even proof read their own petition. This time, it was one part of the bill saying 18 was the min age and another part of the bill saying 21 is the min age. C'mon people. Can you say Proof Read?.

It only has a few more chances at getting this right to get it on the 2016 vote. No way.

This is why Ohio should have voted Yes on RO. At least everyone one would be legal smoking now. I can't imagine how nice it would be to live in a legal state and not to have to sneak around all the time.

Like I said way back...... if the RO doesn't pass, it's never going to happen in Ohio.

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/...ions-Submitted-to-the-Attorney-General-s-Offi

If I lived in Ohio, I would have voted no. I think it is just wrong for all the growing to be done by 10 individuals...I think this is the main reason that people keep rejecting it.

That was just one more misunderstanding of the bill.

Under the old RO, ANYONE in Ohio could grow (I think over 21 was the only requirement).

And, ANYONE could sell to their friends. Just not at the state owned cannabis stores.

This thing was so poorly marketed that it was destined to fail. And, it will NEVER be back. I have spoken with the investors personally and they are all OUT.

The new bill that keeps getting rejected in Dewine's office is a medical bill. It's the one that everyone wanted instead of RO. However, obviously, no one read this one because it has more limitations as to who can grow than the RO bill. LOL Plus, they have been trying to get it on the ballot for 3 years and they can't get their **** together to do it correctly in all that time. And, they don't have the money to get the signatures anyway so it's a moot point.

The good news is, I have one more commercial property to sell and I won't matter any more because I will be the resident of a legal state long before anything happens in Ohio.

See you all soon.... LOL

Jeepers Hack with all the sour grapes you are tossing around, it kinda sounds like you might have been an investor in RO.

Where there is money to be made, there will be a group of people willing to invest their money.

When a cause is for the greater good of mankind, someone will be willing to carry the torch for the cause.

Yeah, I guess I am pretty sour about it. But, I had no hand in the financials.

Just that it would have been neat to not have to sneak it after sneaking for 40 years. LOL I really thought it had a chance so I was very disappointed. Disappointment generally results in sour grapes. LOL

And, it wasn't really a bad bill (if anyone actually read it besides me). LOL Anyone could sell and grow. Just not within the confines of the state run op. So, if you wanted to open a commercial store, you had to do it their way. However, if you just wanted to grow and sell to your close friends, it was OK.

here's one I just came across

Ohioans for Medical Marijuana (OMM) , which is supported by the Marijuana Policy Project in Washington, D.C., is working to pass a medical marijuana ballot initiative through a simple majority of the vote in Ohio on November 8, 2016.

https://ohioansformmj.org/initiative/

medical with 6 plant home grows
(sign me up)

too bad its another amendment and we will have to jump through the new hoops put into place last year.

The 2016 campaign is focusing only on medical marijuana, which enjoys exceptionally strong support among Ohio voters. If approved on November 1, this initiative would legalize medical marijuana in a manner that’s similar to the laws in 23 states and the District of Columbia.

Specifically, the Ohio initiative would allow patients with serious medical conditions to purchase medical marijuana from retail outlets — and/or grow their own medical marijuana at home — if they have the approval of their physicians. In the furtherance of this, the Ohio government would issue licenses for businesses to grow, process, test, and sell marijuana to patients with state-issued identification cards. If no other states enact medical marijuana laws via their legislatures this spring, Ohio would become the 24th medical marijuana state in the country.

(1) “Allowable amount of marijuana” means two-and-one-half ounces of usable marijuana; an amount of marijuana products established by Division rule; if the cardholder’s registry identification card designates that the cardholder is allowed to possess and cultivate marijuana plants, six marijuana plants or a greater number of marijuana plants if a higher limit is established by Division rule; the marijuana produced from the cardholder’s allowable plants; and any incidental amount of seeds, stalks, and roots.

(4) “Debilitating medical condition” means: cancer, glaucoma, positive status for human immunodeficiency virus, acquired immune deficiency syndrome, hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, agitation of Alzheimer’s disease, post-traumatic stress disorder, or the treatment of these conditions; a chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or its treatment that produces one or more of the following: cachexia or wasting syndrome; severe debilitating pain; severe nausea; seizures, including but not limited to those characteristic of epilepsy; severe and persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to those characteristic of multiple sclerosis; or any other medical condition or its treatment approved by the Division.

considering I can get dam near 4oz out of ONE plant, IDK how I'll only get 2.5oz out of SIX plants LOL
:48:

Yep, that's one of 4 petitions that have been certified for legalization in Ohio. Unfortunately, none of those groups have any money so they will never have the number of signatures required by June to get on the ballot.

One of the groups had their petition certified on 1/20/2012 and in 4 years have only gathered about 1/5th of the signatures they need. Cool. In another 16 years, they can get it on the ballot. LMAO

Unfortunately, RO was the only hope for Ohio until Federal legalization. And, those people are looooooong gone. LMAO

no disrespect Hackerman by any means, but I am an Ohioan, born and bred, and I am so tired of you knocking Ohio. you do not live here anymore and obviously not born here. Ohio has and always will be slow to adapt. we will ALWAYS, ALMOST be the last state for ANYTHING. PLEASE stop knocking Ohio. I am getting tired of it. thanks you.

LOL, Hippy, you crack me up. I live in Idaho and have no problems with anyone knocking Idaho. It IS a backward red-neck conservative state that deserves to be knocked because of their stupidity and politics. I am getting where it is embarrassing to admit to being from here. It is nice to stand up for your state, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, well then...

well I cant argue with that. LOL. I just get tired of hearing it even tho I know its true. heck I remember back in the 70s as a teen and a cop would search you he would drag his nails along the bottom of pockets during a search looking for just 1 single seed to send you to juvy, thenthey decriminalized it and now they just get you for parafinalioa(?), which is about as bad. even if you have cigs, a lighter is bad when weed is present. lol.

well,,,
i would have to say to all the greedy MFers, that voted no on this issue being allowed to grow 4 at home are happy.
the house just passed a bill yesterday for medical only, NO HOME GROWS, VAPE only, and no help keeping your job, If you can find a Quack doctor to write a script....
Greedy greedy people that voted no...
Heck 4 plants is More then enough to keep my stash full!-(

COLUMBUS (AP) – The Ohio House has passed a proposal to legalize medical marijuana in the state.

The fast-tracked bill would bar patients from smoking the substance but allow them to use it in vapor form. They couldn’t grow it at home.

Under the legislation, a nine-member Medical Marijuana Control Commission would set rules for cultivating, distributing and licensing cannabis. Communities could opt out of hosting dispensaries. Employers who want to maintain drug-free workplaces would be protected from liability.

The bill passed on a 71-26 vote Tuesday. The Senate plans to begin hearings on the measure Wednesday.

same schmitt as PA passed

Now those dirty hippies can stop asking for "medical" weed ... we "gave it" to them. If they are REALLY sick they wouldn't have to SMOKE their medicine anyway.

Who knows, this might put enough of the NON believers into the "no, "they" have medical already. no need to home-grow/smoke/etc" that's good enough.

a win? ... NOT! (from my POV)

heck, now its even MORE likely an A-hole neighbor will call the cops if they SMELL weed (being smoked)
This is NOT a move in the right direction.

:48:

Latest posts

Back