I can't stop mainlining (Manifold first timer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:doh: I bet they have a few.

Frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't but I moved them under the smaller LED anyways. I have to fake an ebb & flow thing until they hit 5 nodes (and I've harvested) then I'll move best 5 in to buckets.
I don't look forward to that, pulling those dam roots out takes forever.

I've read this thread and am now some clearer about ppm. I think I'm becoming a cannabinerd.

OWW!@#$&%! I tried to bow and hit my head on the keyboard :doh:

Oh, look, there's one of them now, hey HP.

I'm plodding along okay here. They drink about 2L a day. I find I'm adding 2-5 mL of pH up daily, eating is still sporadic: nuthin' then 50 -60ppm
now day 4, reset tomorrow, they drank 2L last night, wolfed down double that, 120ppm and pH is still at 5.9, it didn't nose dive
If they eat another 120 or more tonight, do I still reset?

Keep plugging along Pappy, this is a lifetime learning hobby, and your doing just fine.

Sometimes changing the rez is a judgment call. If you are focused on maximizing growth then change it. If you are needing to stretch your nutes, you can wait another day or two. I try to get the most out of my solutions but at the same time, I don't want to hurt the potential of the plants by trying to stretch the nutes to get every penny's worth. I would rather waste a little nutes than weaken the yield of the plants. :)

nope, not trying to save money, I just didn't want to mess with that eating spurt

when's the best time of day to change nutes, just before they go to bed or when they wake up?

I never even gave that question a thought, I just change the res when i feel like it(time wise)but always no more then a week

I never even gave that question a thought, I just change the res when i feel like it(time wise)but always no more then a week

I was thinking about how watering before sleep in dirt is not good but it's likely not the same at all in hydro.

Yeah in hydro, the plants are used to having the water environment so water change timing isn't an issue. I usually do it during the dark period as I don't water them during that time. That is the longest stretch of time so that I can be certain I get the pH adjusted and the solution fully mixed before they get watered.

The longer "water roots" will hang in the water of the DWC type hydros, but the pH isn't as critical for them as they really only draw water. But the feeding roots that stay closer to the root ball need to have the pH correct before it hits the medium so that the medium doesn't get pulled out of range.

Well, I just dd the change (when they woke up, force of habit)
Ph okay at 6.0 but I was too heavy on the nutes 1520 ppm.
but I'm leaving it overnight, I can dilute tomorrow morning

Yeah in hydro, the plants are used to having the water environment so water change timing isn't an issue. I usually do it during the dark period as I don't water them during that time. That is the longest stretch of time so that I can be certain I get the pH adjusted and the solution fully mixed before they get watered.

The longer "water roots" will hang in the water of the DWC type hydros, but the pH isn't as critical for them as they really only draw water. But the feeding roots that stay closer to the root ball need to have the pH correct before it hits the medium so that the medium doesn't get pulled out of range.

Mine re-circulates which I'd think helps but I didn't know about the two types of roots. Water constantly running down some feeding roots from the drip can't be good. I just poke the hose end in to the pellets, I'll try not to pick on the same spot all the time.

I had a small leak to muddy my reading but I don't think it was anywhere near a litre.
She drank close to 3L *and* polished off 90 ppm.
I've topped up with 7.2 (see post re new stones :big grin:)
I took a shot with the flash after lights out.
That's the one plant surrounded by 6 in dirt.
This is beginning week 9 and no amber, many clear trichromes yet, (must be 12 week flower)

View attachment 1-100_0095.jpg

Nice stones these, Google bubblemac Cathie, I bought 5 stones and they got lost, re-shipped no charge, honest folks there.
ALSO, perhaps a coincidence but my waiting vats always sat at 6.7 and now they are at 7.2 (city water, might be change of season or some such but I'd like to think it's the new stones.

A few things here: First, if the solution is well aerated, the water running down the feeding roots continuously will not hurt them a bit as long as the water is at good temps, good oxygen levels, and good pH. I had a bro that had his watering system running continuously to the point that there was clear water standing in every pot that he had plants in and they had no issues until his pH got off or he failed to keep his water temps correct. So no worries there.

second: the buds are coming along very nicely. They are steadily fattening up and looking good. I think the timing on them is skewed because of the nature of the way things happened AND the fact that they were being underfed during the first part of their life, but it looks like they are quickly making up for lost time. Don't get in a hurry or worry about the timing on harvesting those, just watch the buds and on occasion check the trichs for cloudiness. I think you are going to get very pleasantly surprised by how this one finishes. :)

3rd: Nice "clay bubbles" in the new kids' pots. They look good, but a tad hungry. Have you begun feeding them yet? if not, do so at about 300ppm for the first 2 feedings, then bump to 450-500ppm for the next 2 feedings, then 600 after that.
Its not surprising that the sitting "vats" of water changed pH levels over time. How much and which way depends on what is in the initial water and how much aerating it is getting. With mine, I always get pH climb for the first couple days of aerating regardless of it is straight out of my well or after mixing up my solutions. The aeration causes my pH to rise. I will typically set my solution pH around 5.5 so that the aeration can bring it up to 5.9-6.0 and about half the time(when I am hurried or just sloppy), I miss it and have to go back and make a little adjustment. :)

Nice to hear that about the buds. I keep forgetting she's one plant but it seems so slow, I thought she'd pull ahead of the soil. I guess it's that looooooong stem hahaha
You've got me excited about the finish though :)

They're not drooping, HP or do you see something else?. I turned off the LED and sprayed them, almost brought them to their knees, they're strong!
Huge beads, I shook them all before the picture, they're just exhausted
I was at about 350 but happily on my way to 600 now
I'm topping at node 3 when I see the 5th

Latest posts

Back