First time grower using ebb and grow system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Checked the res ec was rising and ph was dropping looked inside and saw the girls drank like sailors on leave, so i added a couple gallons of water, and the ec was at 2.1 so i was happy they took in the nutes and since this is later in flower they are sucking up all the potassium so i added a 1/4tsp of potassium that nudged my ec to 2.2 and took my ph from 5.9 to 5.8 it says 1/16 per 2 gallon so i based it on 10 gallon very small amount added but it only take a little to satiate the needs, to much and it will burn

It looks like there is a lot of amber trichomes in that second to last pic. Have you taken a leaf off to look at it under the scope?

no its the camera i think i hot a button that took an amber photo, i am only week 6 flower on hindu kush which i believe is typically 8-9, as a matter of fact the picture above it is the same spot just not microscoped
hrmmm i wasnt even looking but now i think i see what you mean you were looking at the second to last pic I will cut a leaf off when lights come on to look closer seems very early day 39 flower

ok so i pulled a leaf checked her its all clear, check at the bud also all clear but holy **** is there a sea of trichs

looking good Gooch.......... going to be a great winter:48:

Thanks G13 i am hoping i can keep it together for just a couple more weeks lol I am lagging behind in my second grow, i was hoping to have 6 plants going for the next cycle but it looks like 5 might be the number again if i an get the other 2 clones to root, or else i will have to get some external clones again bu i will be more cautious and inspecting

Oh yeah :eek: that last one looks killer It looks like an RPG :eek:

It ironic that I could see amber trichs in your pictures but I can rarely see them in my leaves unless I take the leaves outside in the sunlight to see the amber.

I think its a trick with the lighting because then i am on the other side of the tent the pics come out light, but that side of the tent is always red, i am not an optics expert i just think its weird

I think i have 2 full weeks left, I am not sure how to approach finishing them, should i flush, should i not, should i only flush a day or 2 before i pull them is it different because i am in ebb and flow?

is it detrimental to top my mother plant I would like to take about 8 nodes no major shoots, the stem is 1/2"-3/4""thick where i want to top it, I am going to put her in the flower tent next cycle in about 4-5 weeks

View attachment 11-27-mother-stem.jpg

I think i have 2 full weeks left, I am not sure how to approach finishing them, should i flush, should i not, should i only flush a day or 2 before i pull them is it different because i am in ebb and flow?

The guys that are 'dialed in' with their nute regimen in soil don't.
I'm waiting for an answer on this one myself,
aren't you RDWC as well? what do you do there?

The guys that are 'dialed in' with their nute regimen in soil don't.
I'm waiting for an answer on this one myself,
aren't you RDWC as well? what do you do there?
RDWC is too much work similar to soil but not as random.
I am in ebb and flow baby, simple res changes and monitoring ph/ec/temp in one place for me. I kept it simple yet sophisticated and redneck

RDWC is too much work similar to soil but not as random.
I am in ebb and flow baby, simple res changes and monitoring ph/ec/temp in one place for me. I kept it simple yet sophisticated and redneck

Is a model railroad too much work? I love it! I just got some new stones and now have another reason to go play down there.

well my computer is right next to them so i am always here, and always smoking, peeking playing with clones and seedlings and mother etc... I think once i get a good perpectual system going i am going to try a dirt grow as a novelty, but for production ebb and flow is the only way to go ;-)

I am attempting some different techniques during this first grow.
1st- hydro- ebb and flow-success
2nd-cloneing-success
3rd-Raw Nutes-Success
4th-bud backstacking-waiting for results
5th-bud washing-after harvest
These are various techniques that i found both on this forum and the other forum i am posting in (420)

Flushing synthetic systems is very personal choice as you can do it either way. Flushing soil/organic grows is nearly always a NO. There are certain occasions where an organic grow may need to be flushed, IF something has gone WAY wrong. Otherwise, it is detrimental to flush organic grows.

I generally don't flush mine toward the end because I do tiered harvests, but even when I was growing commercially, I would only cut off the nutes during the last week as the plants are generally done building at that point and are only ripening. If you do a good dry/cure to your bud so that all of the green material is allowed to break down then you don't really need to flush them. Unless you like really "clean" tasting bud, or you had some issues with them during flower and/or had to give them heavier nutes, I don't think final flushing is necessary.

How high do you let the ec get in full flower? I am hanging around 2.8 which around 1400ppm but the bottle says to add 3tsp/gal at 30 gallons that would be 90tsp i added 1/2 that and got to 2.8 so i assume if i added the whole 90 i would be at somewhere way off the scale? So what am i missing?

I never do what the instruction say to do. They want you to buy more nutes so they give you a generic number to go by. I generally will only run about 1200-1300ppm with a max of 1400ppm for heavier feeding strains. But that can vary with different nute brands. I use the Jungle Juice 3part, mother earth super tea, and hygrozyme during flower.

Latest posts

Back