Earth's CO2 ppm is about 400

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sopappy

Reaction score
(watched an interesting climate change video)
It's been as high as 2000, low as 250. The stomata on the leaves vary directly in number according to the availability of CO2. In fact, they can calculate the CO2 levels at that time by counting stomata on plant fossils from that time. If the plant has muchos CO2 available, it has less stomata, if levels are low, it has more.
What's the point in trying to augment with CO2 ?

I think they die at 150 ppm (likely COVERED in gaping stomata! da horror!)

I suspect at some point some of them would become carnivorous if co2 levels were to get that low.
CO2 augmentation has several benefits to it but it is very niche specific in its use. For most personal growers, it isn't needed. For the bigger growers it is very useful for keeping an enclosed, contained grow without the worry of letting everyone in the county know that you have a commercial MJ grow. Plus it has the added bonus of producing high yields when done right.

I suspect at some point some of them would become carnivorous if co2 levels were to get that low.
.... snipped

Waaaa, you mean like Venus Flytraps?
BWAHAHAHAHA that's hilarious, good one HP, NOW I AM really concerned about Climate Change!
If CO2 drops too low, we're all gonna die, man!
Our ladies will turn on us..... hey! ouch! hey, that wasn't a thrip, ahhhhh, let go! let go! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

You've also breathed new life in to my Avatar !!
I could be like the pothead "Smokey The Bear"
"Only YOU can prevent..... never mind

LOL :rofl: Yeah our plants may end up smoking us at some point :eek:

if not smoking us definitely up-taking us as nutes

Latest posts

Back