Cop is Being Punished for Wearing a Button Supporting Marijuana Legalization

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnin1

Reaction score
From thefreethoughtproject.com

This Cop is Being Punished for Wearing a Button Supporting Marijuana Legalization

th

By Matt Agorist on November 10, 2015

Vermilion, OH — Every single day police officers violate the rights of citizens and go unpunished. In New York City alone, a lawsuit is filed every 2.5 hours because of the aggressive actions of police officers; most of whom will never face the consequences of those actions.

Cops can beat you, illegally detain you, kidnap you, and kill you, and most of them will never see so much as a slap on the wrist for it.

However, if a cop puts one hair over that thin blue line and challenges the status quo, they will be cast out by their brothers in blue and thrown to the wolves.

The Free Thought Project has covered case after case of good cops who’ve refused to enforce immoral laws, or simply stopped a fellow cop from beating innocent or handcuffed individuals. Every single time it happens, that cop is punished; sometimes receiving death threats, or worse.

Perhaps one of the most egregious cases to come across our radar of a cop being punished for questioning the blue line comes from the Vermilion police department in Ohio.

While cops, on a daily basis, bash in heads with impunity, a police captain on the Vermilion police department has been punished for wearing a button.

This button didn’t say “KKK” or “Join the 4th Reich” or “Enjoy your ride, cuz we sure will (see Baltimore PD).” Instead, it had a logical and peaceful message expressing a desire to stop kidnapping, caging, and killing people for possessing a plant.

The message read simply, “I support LEGALIZE 2016,” on a button worn on the officer’s jacket. For displaying a message of peace and reason, the officer was placed on administrative leave.

In a Facebook post on Monday, Captain Michel Reinheimer made the following statement explaining the situation:
I am Captain Michael Reinheimer of the Vermilion Police Department. On Sat. Nov. 7 2015, I was given and wore a button on my uniform jacket to show my support for Legalization in 2016 while I conducted our annual police auction.

Today I was placed on administrative leave by the Mayor of the City of Vermilion Eileen Bulan (440) 204-2402 specifically for showing my support for legalization by wearing this pin.

I will find out more later today. Right now your support would be appreciated. I stand tall behind my beliefs and my support is unconditional. Please share with anyone who supports legalization.
In Police State USA, you can be extorted, kidnapped, caged, and killed over a plant and this is considered acceptable. However, when you actually point out the utterly evil nature of prohibition, the boot of tyranny will come down upon you.

Let’s help Captain Reinheimer fend off that boot. Let’s show the world that the good cops are the ones who refuse to enforce immoral laws and don’t deprive good people of their freedom for their personal choices.

th

Mayor of the City of Vermilion Eileen Bulan (440) 204-2402

Share this article with your friends and family to show them what real bravery in the line of duty looks like. Then call the office of the Mayor of Vermilion and peacefully explain to them how Reinheimer deserves commendation for his choice to wear that button and not punishment.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop-punished-wearing-button-supporting-marijuana-legalization/

He likes Chucky.:48:

Wow,,,a,good Cop. Talk about a needle in a hay stack.

made the phone call.
had to leave a message tho....lol

He got fired yesterday.

Can they legally fire him for that? He didn't break any law by wearing the button.

There was a number of other reasons why he was fired. DUS and qualifying shooting for Leo by shooting a tree.

VERMILION

A Vermilion police captain was fired from the department today for a host of recent disciplinary issues, including “qualifying” a city police officer by having him shoot at a tree.

Captain Michael Reinheimer was terminated today by Mayor Eileen Bulan after Chief Chris Hartung detailed several complaints against the 16-year Vermilion officer.

Reinheimer posted a statement to Facebook last week, telling the public he was suspended from Vermilion police for wearing a pin in favor of marijuana legalization during a city auction.

While that did factor into Reinheimer's recent discipline, city officials said it was far from the only reason the captain was terminated.

According to disciplinary documents, Reinheimer was fired for the following issues:

•On Oct. 6, Reinheimer took Patrolman Randal Krichbaum to a property on Nicholson Road, because the officer had to be certified with his new Glock 22 handgun. Rather than traveling to a firing range, Reinheimer took the officer to the “VPA” property, where he had him shoot multiple rounds at a tree. Other officers expressed deep concern with these actions, as the testing was not up to the required standards of OPOTA (Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy). Officers said Reinheimer's actions opened them up to a host of liability issues, particularly because he then allowed Krichbaum to work his shift, despite not being certified to Ohio standards. Hartung said Reinheimer then allowed him to believe Krichbaum was certified.

•On Nov. 3, Reinheimer improperly documented firearms certification results for multiple officers. In a letter to Hartung, Corporal Scott Holmes said Reinheimer failed to correctly tally officers' results, and failed to wear body armor at the firing range, “which he himself ordered as mandatory,” the letter stated. Holmes also raised questions about Reinheimer failing to properly train or certify officers in the past. Officials also said Reinheimer previously qualified other officers by having them shoot at a piece of string.

•On Nov. 7, Reinheimer conducted the city auction, wearing jeans, his badge and police jacket, along with a marijuana t-shirt and button supporting marijuana legalization. He then shared an image of the button and badge on social media. “While Captain Reinheimer is free to advocate an issue, we should not have to be made to look as if we, as an organization, agree with him,” Hartung stated in the documents. “The Facebook photo of the badge (and button) affixed above it would be improper, as the casual observer may take it that the Vermilion Police Department endorses the issue.”

•On Nov. 6, while preparing for the auction, Reinheimer had a disagreement with a court employee over items she wanted to submit to it. “You were told to dispose of the items and objected to being their 'garbage man.' While I concur you are not responsible to dispose of their garbage, you later took the items and stacked them in her cubicle. You advised you actions were designed to 'teach her a life lesson',” the documents stated. Hartung alleged Reinheimer's actions were childish, and he only did them to create conflict.

•On Nov. 8, Sgt. Aaron Bolton lost a magazine of ammunition while searching for a suicidal man in a wooded area. Reinheimer refused to replace the magazine, telling Bolton to go find the one he lost. “Your thought process on this issue was flawed and had the potential to leave an officer in the field without his required equipment,” Hartung stated. “I find myself yet again having to do your job. This is tiresome and you need to focus on the mission, not create more conflict.”

•Back in July, Reinheimer was disciplined for driving under suspension, as well as persuading an Erie County deputy to cut him a break for doing so during a traffic stop.

Officials held a disciplinary conference with Reinheimer last week and terminated him today. Hartung said he expects Reinheimer to appeal the decision.

Well, it seems this guy just didn't know how to act. Oh well. The time for Leo to be under different standards is over.

plenty of my law enforcement friends support legalization, tired of needless busy work when there's real crime to deal with, sucks this guy is getting screwed

Yeah im sure they want to make him look as bad as possible. Thats his Brothers in Blue for ya,,throwed his *** right under the bus.

Latest posts

Back